DIV ARENA FORUMS

Windows Beta 11b released

MikeDX - 14-3-2016 at 11:45 AM

Beta 11b has been uploaded to the downloads page. This should fix the issues with creating and opening files.

Please report any bugs here

RKSoft - 15-3-2016 at 03:07 PM

i have the same problems like oskarg (thread http://div-arena.co.uk/forum2/viewthread.php?tid=1&goto=...) with DIV Beta 11.
Previous betas did not have this bug. Only at Beta 11!

Starting programm: d.exe
Using OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Edit:
Next bug. I'm in window mode so:
  1. change resolution = works
  2. ALT+ENTER to go to fullscreen = black screen
  3. ALT+ENTER again for window mode = works again
  4. ALT+ENTER to go to fullscreen again = now works

Edit 2:
Same bug if i run a prg file!

PS:
Is it possible to stretch the fullscreen or maximize the window if i run a programm?

Edit 3:
Found! :D
If a programm will open a FPG file we get an error (first bug report). I debugged Donkey Kong and found that error ^^

Edit 4:
Gamepad won't work. I use a MS XBox 360 Controller (x-input support needed, i think)

MikeDX - 15-3-2016 at 05:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RKSoft  
i have the same problems like oskarg (thread http://div-arena.co.uk/forum2/viewthread.php?tid=1&goto=...) with DIV Beta 11.
Previous betas did not have this bug. Only at Beta 11!

Starting programm: d.exe
Using OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64

This should be fixed in next nightlybuild, I no longer try to read the free space of discovered drives.

Edit:
Next bug. I'm in window mode so:
  1. change resolution = works
  2. ALT+ENTER to go to fullscreen = black screen
  3. ALT+ENTER again for window mode = works again
  4. ALT+ENTER to go to fullscreen again = now works

Not experienced that before, but will see if i can track it down

Edit 2:

same bug - alt+enter = black screen?

PS:
Is it possible to stretch the fullscreen or maximize the window if i run a programm?

it will be, but not yet. Probably not until we move to 32bit and hw acceleration.

Edit 3:
If a programm will open a FPG file we get an error (first bug report). I debugged Donkey Kong and found that error ^^

are the paths correct? Where does d.exe live and where is DKONG/FIGUR.FPG? (and where is the PRG)

Edit 4:
Gamepad won't work. I use a MS XBox 360 Controller (x-input support needed, i think)

Not sure if i need a config for xbox gamepad - but i have been testing with a usb PS4 pad. Soon we'll support all those pads again once we move to hardware acceleration.

Thanks for the bug report :)

RKSoft - 15-3-2016 at 06:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MikeDX  

Edit 2:

same bug - alt+enter = black screen?

yes

Edit 3:

are the paths correct? Where does d.exe live and where is DKONG/FIGUR.FPG? (and where is the PRG)

all prg's in prg, all fpg's in fpg etc.

PS:
found out that i haven't the fpg's in fpg/dkong. So, after moving the fpg files into dkong there isn't no error anymore. But, after exiting dkong, the error apears again. So, i think it is a little error in your code, Mike :)

MikeDX - 15-3-2016 at 06:14 PM

found out that i haven't the fpg's in fpg/dkong. So, after moving the fpg files into dkong there isn't no error anymore. But, after exiting dkong, the error apears again. So, i think it is a little error in your code, Mike :)

which error? :)

RKSoft - 16-3-2016 at 02:56 PM

lol, i mean that warning

MikeDX - 16-3-2016 at 03:10 PM

that bug should be fixed in latest nightly :)

MikeDX - 16-3-2016 at 03:16 PM

rksoft, also this new nightly looks for fpg, wav, etc in the same dir as the prg so this helps path issues :)

RKSoft - 16-3-2016 at 06:21 PM

nice, it works :) - please take a look into the (in)official nightly build bug report topic :D http://div-arena.co.uk/forum2/viewthread.php?tid=45

Dennis - 16-3-2016 at 10:01 PM

rksoft, also this new nightly looks for fpg, wav, etc in the same dir as the prg so this helps path issues :)

Aha! I noticed that too. Great. :)

I havbe the following problem:

When I drag an image out of an FPG file it says "create a map copy?"

When I click "accept" DIV Games Studio shuts down.

I am currently using [div-beta11b-win] on Windows 10.

PS: it also happens if I drag an image (by dragging the picutre itself) anywhere on the screen background

MikeDX - 16-3-2016 at 10:05 PM

This should be fixed in this nightly with any luck! :)

div-beta-nightly-2016-03-17-87c7b71874-win32.zip