Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Building from source
vialamo
DIV Newbie

[*] posted on 2-8-2017 at 12:35 PM
Building from source

Hi,

First of all, congratulations for this amazing work. It's great to have DIV here again. For me, it's full of memories from my adolescence. Thank you a lot.

I'm an experienced c/c++ programmer, and I would like to be able to contribute to DIV DX development sharing some fixes, in case I do. For now there are just some I would like to make. For example, after executing a program on Windows, the DIV window is not restored at the same position it was before the execution. Its top left corner seems to be relocated to the position of the top left corner of the client area before the execution, but not the top left of the window.

This is just an example, for me it seems something I can fix and share. In any case, I would like to be able to build DIV on windows from sources, and I'm not getting it. I have not previous experience with cmake. I would appreciate a lot in case someone can give me a step-by-step guide. Just a note, in linux the build worked straightforward for me. I just needed to install some SDL dependencies, run cmake and finally make.

Going back to windows, for now, I downloaded the sources from the master branch. I have seen there is a tests/win32 branch also, so I'm not sure if I should use it instead.

I installed cmake on my win64 system, and would like to generate project files for VS2015. Here I'm a little lost.

Should I donwload SDL and zlib sources in any case? Any other dependency? Where should I specify their path so cmake finds them?

Any parameter for cmake a part from the path-to-source?

The VS project and solution files I'm generating have a "-LINUX" suffix in their names, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

In any case, thank you for your time. I think once I have setup this, I will be able to help.

CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 2-8-2017 at 01:11 PM

Hello vialamo and Welcome,

DIVDX was developed in Linux / Mac environment, so Cmake pass / use in Windows is not so immediate, in fact it is not possible to generate a build in windows at present.

In these months I worked on a version of CmakeLists that worked with MSYS2, a Windows development environment to simulate the Linux environment, in the end I managed to get a makelists to create a working build in windows, but this CMake is not yet Totally cross-platform for all environments.

Also I recently made important changes and bugfixes to the latest version, but for a sync problem with the github I still have to understand, I could not update the official repository, so I passed the code to MikeDX to verify the functionality also In Linux and other systems, but given its little current free time, we did not even get the new official build.

If you want to collaborate, you are welcome, however, given the situation I just mentioned, would you prefer to work at this time in something other than the source code?

Go To Top