Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Game examples and tutorials files
ahmok
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 07:10 AM
Game examples and tutorials files

Hello,

I downloaded the zip file from the offiicial website today. It is good because there are many tutorial files and a lot of game examples. Actually, various kinds of games can be found. The game examples make the public fully realize that DIV Games Studio is suitable for development of different types of games.

If the language of DIV Games Studio can scale up game screen window(some other game languages can scale up, x2, x3, x4, etc), some game examples(320x200) can give more ideal impressions to the public with bigger game screen windows(eg. 640x480). Now these games examples only has 320x200 game windows. This window size may be too small.

Some game languages are able to provide full-screen mode. Game screen can be stretched to fit the whole monitor screen. Perhaps this feature is also essential in modern game language.

CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 08:46 AM

Hello amok,

Currently DIVDX supports stretching for window programs, this means that the window of a DIVDX application can be resized at will by the user, by dragging the classic arrows on the edges of the window, it can also be maximized with the "maximize" button ", however the same feature is not supported in fullscreen.

Filters like 2x, 3x, 4x, virtual resolution etc... are all very useful features, currently are not supported by DIVDX and are part of the long list of things roadmap that we would like to insert, however as already indicated by Mike, we find ourselves to have to completely rewrite the codebase of the project to insert these and other modern features well.
ahmok
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 10:17 AM

Hi, thanks for explaining to me.

Very detailed explanation, yes. I am too stupid...

I have full confidence in DIV Games Studio now. This powerful tool should be very popular and successful in the future.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 10:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ahmok  
Hi, thanks for explaining to me.

Very detailed explanation, yes. I am too stupid...

You are welcome. :)

I have full confidence in DIV Games Studio now. This powerful tool should be very popular and successful in the future.

What you see is potentially version 3, developed from the original code base of version 2 developed in the 90s.
At that time had a resounding success, I remember reading at that time an article of statistical data that spoke of over 500,000 people who currently used / tried this tool in demo or full retail.

Even today many people remember this tool and new ones are looking for it for information released on the web or by other people over time.

Clearly today times have changed a lot, there has been an increase of at least 10 times on the number of game engines or framework for the development of video games available, however given the particularity of the script language that this engine offers and its ease of use and productivity, with the necessary resources to be able to modernize it properly, could easily find its ample space in the current market for video game development tools.
ahmok
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 9-2-2019 at 07:25 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your comprehensive explanation.

Quote:

At that time had a resounding success, I remember reading at that time an article of statistical data that spoke of over 500,000 people who currently used / tried this tool in demo or full retail.

Wow.... Thanks for telling me this. It should be a golden age of DIV Games Studio!

Quote:

Even today many people remember this tool and new ones are looking for it for information released on the web or by other people over time.

I searched for the information of DIV Games Studio yesterday. Word of mouth of DIV Games Studio looks excellent.
http://mojolabs.nz/posts.php?topic=100832

Quote:
with the necessary resources to be able to modernize it properly, could easily find its ample space in the current market for video game development tools

Sure, I agree with you. DIV Games Studio should be brilliant again under the effective development of you and MikeDX in the near future. The user base will also be enlarged significantly.

[Edited on 9-2-2019 by ahmok]
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 11-2-2019 at 12:54 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your comprehensive explanation.

Quote:

Wow.... Thanks for telling me this. It should be a golden age of DIV Games Studio!

Yes, it was truly a golden age, there were an infinite number of open sites talking about DIVs, tutorials, etc ... we could say that it would be almost comparable to the success of Unity today.

Quote:

I searched for the information of DIV Games Studio yesterday. Word of mouth of DIV Games Studio looks excellent.
http://mojolabs.nz/posts.php?topic=100832

Yes, this is one of the many pages, unfortunately many ended up offline over time, but word of mouth was extremely positive.

Quote:
with the necessary resources to be able to modernize it properly, could easily find its ample space in the current market for video game development tools

Sure, I agree with you. DIV Games Studio should be brilliant again under the effective development of you and MikeDX in the near future. The user base will also be enlarged significantly.

Many thanks for your trust :), we hope it will be possible to achieve this in a short future.
ahmok
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 19-2-2019 at 09:05 AM

Quote:

Yes, this is one of the many pages, unfortunately many ended up offline over time, but word of mouth was extremely positive.

There is a discussion about AppGameKit. AppGameKit will be changed to become AppGameKit Studio soon. I read a post about DIV2:

" My principale base of programming game in 1998 is DIV2 and this studio with language programming like pascal have tools like painting pixel program, sprite creator, explosion creator, fonts editor, 3d maps creator, calculator, is like we had a operative system for programming! "

( https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/223741?page=4#msg26... )

Word of mouth is really very good!

CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 19-2-2019 at 09:32 AM

Yes, I was referring only to the comments on DIV, even today they are very good.

Go To Top