Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Original sources for DIV2
saucjedi
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 6-8-2018 at 07:53 AM
Original sources for DIV2

Is there the possibility to have a tag with the original DIV2 sources, for archival purposes?
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 6-8-2018 at 09:08 AM

Hello,

Look at initial commit:
https://github.com/DIVGAMES/DIV-Games-Studio/tree/6d440d1840...

If this should not be the original copy, you should ask Mike if he retains the original package file and could upload it somewhere.
saucjedi
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 2-10-2018 at 04:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by CicTec  
Hello,

Look at initial commit:

If this should not be the original copy, you should ask Mike if he retains the original package file and could upload it somewhere.

There is no way to know if this initial commit if the original... only Mike knows...
MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 3-10-2018 at 08:34 AM

I have all the original code sent to me by Daniel, so I could upload these as separate branches and tag those. The commit Cictec posted is close to the original code, and isn't very useful but I agree it would be nice to get that up there.
glottlebory
DIV Newbie

[*] posted on 10-10-2018 at 08:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by saucjedi  
Hello,

Look at initial commit:

There is no way to know if this initial commit if the original... only Mike knows...

Thanks for the link.

saucjedi
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 15-10-2018 at 07:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MikeDX  
I have all the original code sent to me by Daniel, so I could upload these as separate branches and tag those. The commit Cictec posted is close to the original code, and isn't very useful but I agree it would be nice to get that up there.

That would be great, such an upload would contribute to preserve DIV history.

I have also wondered how all this came to be... I know that DIV rights have changed hands several times and have spawned many versions or similar software but there is very little written about that.

This project seems to me the true heir to the original DIV, I love all the changes being made, keeping the spirit of the original.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 15-10-2018 at 04:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by saucjedi  

That would be great, such an upload would contribute to preserve DIV history.

I have also wondered how all this came to be... I know that DIV rights have changed hands several times and have spawned many versions or similar software but there is very little written about that.

This project seems to me the true heir to the original DIV, I love all the changes being made, keeping the spirit of the original.

Yes, certainly the original version is useful for historical and affective reasons, in any case the current version starts from the original code, has only several bugfixes and ported to platforms, so my advice is to collaborate to the current version (restoration we can say) or the possible new future version, not to repeat the past mistakes made by the other DIV engines, with dozens of useless forks and almost all of them dead.

[Edited on 15-10-2018 by CicTec]
saucjedi
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 16-10-2018 at 06:34 AM

Yes, certainly the original version is useful for historical and affective reasons, in any case the current version starts from the original code, has only several bugfixes and ported to platforms, so my advice is to collaborate to the current version (restoration we can say) or the possible new future version, not to repeat the past mistakes made by the other DIV engines, with dozens of useless forks and almost all of them dead.

[Edited on 15-10-2018 by CicTec]

My intention asking was just to have it archived somewhere, as the last commercial version of DIV, for historical interest.

Obviously any contribution should go to the current version which not only has corrected bugs and been ported, but is being expanded with useful features.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 16-10-2018 at 10:53 AM

It seems right, it would be nice to have the last original version available, let's see if Mike can load the original version as "original" branch in the repository or somewhere else
saucjedi
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 22-10-2018 at 08:30 AM

Let's hope Mike reads this ;)
saucjedi
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 18-2-2019 at 11:08 AM

Hi Mike, did you look into this? Any chance the original sources will be uploaded / tagged on GitHub? Or upload the original code in zip?

Go To Top