Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6
Author: Subject: DIV-DX builds
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 21-2-2019 at 12:16 PM

To make it easier for you, I created the ZIP with the files, simply follow these steps:
1) Install the update you find on the first page of the thread in a clean and empty folder.
2) download those ZIPs and unzip it in the clean folder where you have just installed this build of DIV.

So try running the d-WINDOWS command directly and possibly from the console as explained in the previous post.

[Edited on 21-2-2019 by CicTec]

Attachment: DIV_system_dir_files.zip (309kB)
This file has been downloaded 870 times

Attachment: DIV_help_dir_files.zip (690kB)
This file has been downloaded 847 times

dom cook
Div Pro

[*] posted on 21-2-2019 at 03:11 PM

Still no luck!
I ran from cmd.exe (if that's what you mean by command console)
I got a message saying d-WINDOWS is not recognised as an external command, operable program or batch file...
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 21-2-2019 at 03:22 PM

Really very strange, I tried this same procedure and everything works fine.

Regarding the use from the command prompt, you have to position yourself in the folder where the d-WINDOWS.exe file is located and type this in the console, including the extension.

for example if you install DIV in C:\DIV you need to do:
1) start cmd.exe.
2) go to DIV folder with CD command: cd\DIV
3) once in the directory you should see this prompt: C:\DIV>, so type: d-WINDOWS.exe (the file must be in this folder to be executed).

Could you post screenshots of the folder where you installed this build of DIV? (root folder and system folder).

Which version of Windows are you using?
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 21-2-2019 at 03:59 PM

I have made all the screenshots of the necessary folders and files (root, system, and help), below:

root folder:
DIV-root_folder_.png - 59kB

system folder:
DIV-system_folder_.png - 105kB

help folder:
DIV-help_folder_.png - 29kB

By double clicking on d-WINDOWS.exe you can see the execution screenshot:
DIV-Running_.png - 1.2MB

Also I am running DIV (build for Windows) from Linux with WINE, and as you can see everything works here too. :)

dom cook
Div Pro

[*] posted on 21-2-2019 at 08:52 PM

OK Success!
I noticed I was missing a few libraries in the new system folder. Then I had the help folder inside a help folder. But It's working now.
Thanks for your patience and perseverence.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 21-2-2019 at 09:03 PM

Great, thanks to you for continuing to try. :)

Please report back to us when possible, the feedback from this build (compared to the last one you were using) so that we can determine which source code is the most stable to update the official repository.
dom cook
Div Pro

[*] posted on 21-2-2019 at 09:11 PM

Well it certainly feels smooth, good work
I have found my first bug.
It doesn't recognise the 'load_sound' command either in my program or in the built in example.
The one I'm using from feb 2016 works fine with this.

[Edited on 21-2-2019 by dom cook]
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 21-2-2019 at 09:13 PM

load_sound is a new name, in this build only originals DIV2 names are availables, for now you can replace it with load_wav.
dom cook
Div Pro

[*] posted on 27-2-2019 at 02:14 PM

!Bug Report!

Ok, I've been playing with this build this morning and I've found a couple of niggling little bugs.

1. After using the map editor the ink colour for numbers sometimes changes to black. I would prefer a black background in the prg editor so, while not a major problem, this is a bit of a pain.

2. I usually have to drag maps into the fpg window more than once to get them to save in it.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 27-2-2019 at 03:15 PM

Hi dom,

This build does not contain any changes / improvements to the IDE (except the packager generator), but only the core (compiler, interpreter and runtime library), so these bugs should also be present in previous builds.

Thanks anyway for the report, we will put them in the list of bugs to be corrected. :)

For the rest, have you encountered problems running programs, code, functions, etc ...?
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 27-2-2019 at 04:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dom cook  
!Bug Report!

1. After using the map editor the ink colour for numbers sometimes changes to black. I would prefer a black background in the prg editor so, while not a major problem, this is a bit of a pain.

Yes, I think that it happens when changing the palette in all the divdx builds, (edit: only inside the divdx ide system).

[Edited on 27-2-2019 by Vortigano]
dom cook
Div Pro

[*] posted on 4-3-2019 at 10:29 PM
Missing Buttons

Hi Cic Tec, I've been using your build for a little while now and so far haven't met with any big problems. Having said that, one slightly annoying feature has recently manifested. The button to continue from the last session that should appear when DIV is opened seems to have disappeared. This could potentially cause loss of maps etc if the program crashes before they are saved.

DIV_0000.png - 469kB

[Edited on 4-3-2019 by dom cook]
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 09:50 AM

Hi dom,

Mmmm ok, this should be about something of the IDE that has not really been touched, but a review would not hurt, I do not find the problem in the same build for Linux, maybe missing some files, I'll review it and if I find something I inform you.

For the rest, thanks for the report. :)
dom cook
Div Pro

[*] posted on 8-3-2019 at 05:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CicTec  
Hi dom,

Mmmm ok, this should be about something of the IDE that has not really been touched, but a review would not hurt, I do not find the problem in the same build for Linux, maybe missing some files, I'll review it and if I find something I inform you.

For the rest, thanks for the report. :)

Hi again,
I did a bit of amateur system analysis to try and figure out this problem, by which I mean I started deleting files out of the system folder. I started with the ones beginning with 's' like session and startup and although this got me back to the screen where you put your name in, it still didn't return the 'continue' button.

After that, I decided that my best bet was to get rid of files with 'exec' in the name, and hey presto! I got my button back.

Anyway I'm posting a couple of zipped folders containing the stuff I deleted in case you want to ananlyse it.

Attachment: pesky exec files.zip (14kB)
This file has been downloaded 853 times

Attachment: Suspected culprits.zip (301kB)
This file has been downloaded 847 times

[Edited on 8-3-2019 by dom cook]
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 8-3-2019 at 11:23 AM

Hi dom.

Thanks for the tests ...

I looked at the files.

The first ZIP contains the EXEC (as you mentioned) which are the files that are created when you compile and run a program.
The user.info file is a config file that stores user information during the first boot phase.

The second ZIP contains the setup files you need when you create a packeger, start a program, etc ... and session files store everything you leave open in the IDE (PRG, menus, editors, maps, etc ...)

It can happen sometimes that some files are saved badly, this can cause errors like the one you got, so when you install a new version if you encounter problems, the order of operations to do are:
1) manually delete all EXEC.EXT files.
2) if the first point does not solve the problem, delete the setup.ext files, and session.ext, this will delete the entire saved session (as explained above).
3) if the first two points do not solve, delete user.info to completely reset the first phase of startup and config of the environment.

[Edited on 8-3-2019 by CicTec]
dom cook
Div Pro

[*] posted on 8-3-2019 at 11:38 AM

Good job. Thanks.
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 10-3-2019 at 09:16 PM

!Bug Report!

Hello, I am very busy studying, but I think I have found a clue about what causes the problem with the ide and the graphic editor.

in the ide menu:
MAIN_MENU -> SYSTEM -> CONFIGURATION -> program_editor.numbers = color_index.

after i apply soften FX to my map, when i return to the code editor the program_editor.numbers_color seem to be seted to 0 so the ide will paint it using transparent color. Something like this:
MAIN_MENU -> SYSTEM -> CONFIGURATION -> program_editor.numbers = 0.
Anyway the ide sometimes works fine although the "program_editor.numbers_color" says transparent color. When i return from running some program or restart the ide the problem is corrected.
dom cook
Div Pro

[*] posted on 11-3-2019 at 05:45 AM

Good detective work Vortigano. Good luck with the studying, don't overdo it.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 11-3-2019 at 09:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Vortigano  
!Bug Report!

Hello, I am very busy studying, but I think I have found a clue about what causes the problem with the ide and the graphic editor.

in the ide menu:
MAIN_MENU -> SYSTEM -> CONFIGURATION -> program_editor.numbers = color_index.

after i apply soften FX to my map, when i return to the code editor the program_editor.numbers_color seem to be seted to 0 so the ide will paint it using transparent color. Something like this:
MAIN_MENU -> SYSTEM -> CONFIGURATION -> program_editor.numbers = 0.
Anyway the ide sometimes works fine although the "program_editor.numbers_color" says transparent color. When i return from running some program or restart the ide the problem is corrected.

Hi Vortigano,

Probably there will be some bugs somewhere that causes this problem, all the interested parties should be analyzed.

Thanks for the report.
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6

Go To Top