Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cant create install?
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 05:39 PM
Cant create install?

Hay everyone

I recently tried to get an alpha demo of Forgotten working for a friend - sadly it didnt work properly.

DivDX did create an installation file which I was able to launch, but after displaying the "Made with DIV! Make your own games" box it just showed a black screen for a split second then crashed.

This isnt on my virtual machine btw, this is running on Windows 8/10 on my actual Windows machine.

Any advice?

BC

~*~ Princess of Pies and Pastries ~*~
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 06:15 PM

Hello BreadCaster,

I just tried to create a demo installation which you did a few days ago on my machine with Windows 10, the DIV logo appears, but once the splash-screen finishes, the program ends (as if crashing).

We will need to review why it happens, thank you for the report.
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 11-5-2017 at 02:32 PM

Did you try the compatibility mode? Try one of shown modes. On Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, DIV DX, also the compiled exe runs very well (with some little fps laggs, that Cictec known).
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 7-8-2017 at 10:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RKSoft  
Did you try the compatibility mode? Try one of shown modes. On Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, DIV DX, also the compiled exe runs very well (with some little fps laggs, that Cictec known).

Yes, I tried compatibility modes. No improvement.

Has there been any progress on this, or on any more recent developments with DivDX - at all? Starting to feel a bit silly having programmed a fairly sizable game in what seems to be a basically unusuable language. I can't compile it and show it to others and I cant just convince people who are not already experienced with Div to download DivDX and run it in the IDE.

MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 7-8-2017 at 11:32 PM

Bc, I've just moved into a new house after living in hotels for goodness knows how many months!

Really hoping i can get back on the DIV train soon. My life has been somewhat crazy the past year and I've spent most of it taking my kids places and working in between!

Div isn't dead, it's just bloody exhausted :D
Corax
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 8-8-2017 at 02:09 PM

Happy to hear that DIV isnĀ“t dead!

Once it has the ability to compile all the programs written for it,
you can spread dozens of games on freeware sites - could there be a
better advertisement?

Carry on!
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 21-3-2018 at 09:28 PM

Hi again

after trying to get the my most recent project - an explorable Silent Hill style town made in Mode 8 - working - but to no avail, and to no response from Mike (he's probably busy with something else - or somewhere else - right now?) I do wonder if it's worth trying to create anything more in DivDX for the time being.

I mean, the bugs I can sort of work with - ok, so 256 colors only, not ideal but I can work with it - and ok, so any environments I make will have to snap to the smallest measurements on the grid in order to not get vertical bar map glitches, I now understand that - and I wont be able to change the environment/fog colour if I want to dynamically load in new .WLD files - I understand that as well - but if I can't even create an install for people to get it working without sound, let alone WITH sound, I don't know if theres any point trying to keep working on what I'm doing or plan out anything new? :sniffle:

any progress on creating installs with a Mode 8 based game would be great, so I can work out if any ideas I continue to have could come to something, or if theyre likely to stay pipe dreams.

/BC

MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 22-3-2018 at 09:08 PM

Hey BC

Well, my contract finishes next week so I'm planning to do some housekeeping on DIV and get some things fixed.

Hopefully this will solve your problems.

I'm still trying to recruit a full time DIV developer, so you never know what the next few weeks and months will hold. I was very close before to getting somebody perfect for the role too!
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 23-3-2018 at 08:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BreadCaster  
Hi again

after trying to get the my most recent project - an explorable Silent Hill style town made in Mode 8 - working - but to no avail, and to no response from Mike (he's probably busy with something else - or somewhere else - right now?) I do wonder if it's worth trying to create anything more in DivDX for the time being.

I mean, the bugs I can sort of work with - ok, so 256 colors only, not ideal but I can work with it - and ok, so any environments I make will have to snap to the smallest measurements on the grid in order to not get vertical bar map glitches, I now understand that - and I wont be able to change the environment/fog colour if I want to dynamically load in new .WLD files - I understand that as well - but if I can't even create an install for people to get it working without sound, let alone WITH sound, I don't know if theres any point trying to keep working on what I'm doing or plan out anything new? :sniffle:

any progress on creating installs with a Mode 8 based game would be great, so I can work out if any ideas I continue to have could come to something, or if theyre likely to stay pipe dreams.

/BC

Hi BreadCaster,

I had already corrected some problems with the installation of mode8 games thanks to your first demo (Forgotten), but obviously some problem is still present.

In the last period I was busy and I could not look for the problem.

Finally I could re-install windows after several months, maybe if you can send me a copy of the game with audio I'll take a look at it this weekend (also from Linux), to see what happens.

As for the other bugs of mode8, it should be established whether it is possible to correct the current engine or find another that can replace it (without affecting compatibility with current games).
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 7-4-2018 at 09:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CicTec  

Finally I could re-install windows after several months, maybe if you can send me a copy of the game with audio I'll take a look at it this weekend (also from Linux), to see what happens.

HI Cictec - my apologies for not being present, Ive been having a bit of a busy time myself. I can send across a copy of the game with audio today if you like/have a windows machine ready there? Let me know.

/BC

CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 7-4-2018 at 04:51 PM

HI Cictec - my apologies for not being present, Ive been having a bit of a busy time myself. I can send across a copy of the game with audio today if you like/have a windows machine ready there? Let me know.

/BC

Hello BreadCaster,

No problem, yes i have a windows machine ready, you can send me a copy and i look it this weekend or next week to see what happen.
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 04:57 PM

/BC

Hello BreadCaster,

No problem, yes i have a windows machine ready, you can send me a copy and i look it this weekend or next week to see what happen.

OK Cictec - sending it via U2U now. Let me know when you have it please! :)

CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 05:47 PM

Ok, I will check it in the next few days to see if I can find the cause of the problem. :)
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 17-4-2018 at 01:48 PM

Hello BreadCaster,

I've analized the program...

Apparently it seems that OGG files do not play well from the library used by DIV.

I created an installation with only sound files and it seems to work, I sent you via MP the download link, please try if the game is played correctly and with sound effects.

About ogg files, I'll see in the next days if I can find a solution, alternatively you could try to convert the music in WAV or MOD/S3M /XM/IT formats.

About the map glitch, are you referring to the black lines marked in red in the following screenshot?
town3d.png - 66kB
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 19-4-2018 at 04:39 PM

Hello BreadCaster,

I've analized the program...

Apparently it seems that OGG files do not play well from the library used by DIV.

I created an installation with only sound files and it seems to work, I sent you via MP the download link, please try if the game is played correctly and with sound effects.

About ogg files, I'll see in the next days if I can find a solution, alternatively you could try to convert the music in WAV or MOD/S3M /XM/IT formats.

About the map glitch, are you referring to the black lines marked in red in the following screenshot?

fantastic, yes it works - thank you Cictec :) I could try converting things to .WAV format but for now Id rather wait, its not a great long term fix.

And yes - the black lines. they seem to appear when lines are made in the map editor more than the minimum "snap" distance apart - but sadly I discovered this so far into the making of the game that its going to take a really long time to alter the maps to not show up this glitch, and in some cases making things snap to the finest points on the map makes parts of the level shapes/geometry impossible.

Also, in the compiled demo program that you sent, the lighting was weirdly off and too bright. Did you perhaps change something by mistake, or simply comment out the .ogg relevent lines?

- BC

CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 19-4-2018 at 05:58 PM

fantastic, yes it works - thank you Cictec :) I could try converting things to .WAV format but for now Id rather wait, its not a great long term fix.

Great :)

The original DIV does not support the OGG format, but from the code I saw that Mike added something to introduce support for this format.
However, there is no support for including OGGs in the PAK, I added this support but I see that it does not play well, I have to try if there is a problem with the packing or just the internal library has some problems with the OGG format.

In case you do not succeed in solving the problem, you could try to convert the music in XM format for now, I think it's a better solution than WAV.

And yes - the black lines. they seem to appear when lines are made in the map editor more than the minimum "snap" distance apart - but sadly I discovered this so far into the making of the game that its going to take a really long time to alter the maps to not show up this glitch, and in some cases making things snap to the finest points on the map makes parts of the level shapes/geometry impossible.

I see, it will probably be one of the famous bugs present in the VPE engine used for rendering mode8, it would be revised to see if it is possible to correct the problem.

Also, in the compiled demo program that you sent, the lighting was weirdly off and too bright. Did you perhaps change something by mistake, or simply comment out the .ogg relevent lines?

- BC

Mmmm, of the PRG I have only commented on the 3 lines of LOAD_WAV that loaded the OGG, probably the problem occurs because the new build I created contains the fixes of the functions GET_WALL_TEXTURE/GET_SECTORE_TEXTUE, so the workaround in the code that I suggested should be deleted.

This weekend I do some tests and I'll let you know, in the meantime let's see if Mike solves the conflicts for the pull-request of the updates, otherwise next week I'll mount a new build for windows with the fixes to be published, so at least you can continue with the project.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 25-4-2018 at 11:15 PM

Hi BreadCaster,

As promised, I've re-uploaded the build package, you can download it from the News Thread.

This build fix mode8 funciones, .OGG loading and playing, and package installer.

Also I've sent to you the PRG without the workaround for mode8 functions, with the new build should work all fine (except map glitches).

Try it when possible to confirm if work fine. :)

BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 28-4-2018 at 03:02 PM

hihi Cictec

havnt tried to create an install yet, but i did try the new build - works well, the lighting is now fixed but some areas of the map i walk into now cause the game to crash? :S

i.e. the allyway with the notice on the wall behind the workshop, and down the street in front of the workshop doors, walking down both ways causes the game to crash. Not sure why this is.

CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 28-4-2018 at 06:08 PM

hihi Cictec

havnt tried to create an install yet

Hi BreadCaster,

Ok, when possible try it to check if works well in your machine. :)

but i did try the new build - works well, the lighting is now fixed

Great, thanks for the feedback. :)

but some areas of the map i walk into now cause the game to crash? :S

i.e. the allyway with the notice on the wall behind the workshop, and down the street in front of the workshop doors, walking down both ways causes the game to crash. Not sure why this is.

Mmmm, I have not clear the area you indicate, would you be able to generate a screenshot of the part or parts before the crash is generated?

I tried to go around the whole map before generating the build and honestly did not give me any kind of crash, maybe it's a precise sequence, so let's see if I can reproduce the error even in my machine and understand what's going on .

[Edited on 28-4-2018 by CicTec]
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 15-6-2018 at 11:46 AM

but some areas of the map i walk into now cause the game to crash? :S

Mmmm, I have not clear the area you indicate, would you be able to generate a screenshot of the part or parts before the crash is generated?

I tried to go around the whole map before generating the build and honestly did not give me any kind of crash, maybe it's a precise sequence, so let's see if I can reproduce the error even in my machine and understand what's going on .

[Edited on 28-4-2018 by CicTec]

here you go - walking down these areas and facing this way causes the game to crash. Sorry about the wait - had some serious health issues.

I also tried creating an installation, but it crashed as soon as I ran it. Heres what stdout said:

Code:
[RUNTIME - START] exesize: 14081 [RUNTIME - START] datsize: 25029442 [RUNTIME - START] package.....: 26153849 [RUNTIME - START] datsize.....: 25029442 [RUNTIME - START] exesize.....: 14081 [RUNTIME - START] exestart....: 1110316 [RUNTIME - START] datastartpos: 1124397 [RUNTIME - START] DIV_VER: j(106) [RUNTIME - START] len: 26153287 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[0]: 0 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[1]: 5623 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[2]: 25401 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[3]: 9999 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[4]: 0 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[5]: 788 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[6]: 44 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[7]: 0 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[8]: 25445 [RUNTIME - START] iloc_len: 832 [RUNTIME - START] imem_max: 8345447 [RUNTIME - START] len_descomp: 101744 SDL KEY INIT 7c6ef8 found file: packfile.pak divz open file: [packfile.pak] loaded zip: 7c6f80 C:\Users\user\Desktop\alpha2\TOWNX3D\TOWNX3D.EXE 1124397 Looking for packfile.pak FOUND IT! Read 25031801 of 25031801 byte zipptr 5970020, len: 25031801 TESTING packfile.pak FOUND PAK IN ZIP packfile.pak [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: CONCSTEP1.WAV (1/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: CONCSTEP2.WAV (2/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: PANTING.WAV (3/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: HUM_LOOP.WAV (4/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: DOOROPEN.WAV (5/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: DOORCLOSE_LATCH.WAV (6/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: DOORCLOSE_SLAM.WAV (7/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: LOCKEDDOORJIGGLE.WAV (8/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: METALSHUTTERS.WAV (9/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: METALFENCE.WAV (10/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: METALDOOR.WAV (11/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: METAL4.WAV (12/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: FENCEWIRE.WAV (13/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: LOOK_NOTICE.WAV (14/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: BUZZ1.WAV (15/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: BUZZ2.WAV (16/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: BUZZ3.WAV (17/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: INVOPEN.WAV (18/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: INVCLOSE.WAV (19/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: INVLEFTCLICK.WAV (20/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: INVDENIED.WAV (21/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: INVDROP.WAV (22/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: PICKUPITEM_1.WAV (23/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: PICKUPITEM_2.WAV (24/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: CURSEDAIRTONE.OGG (25/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: TOWN_INIT.OGG (26/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: TOWN_LOOP.OGG (27/27) Mix_Init error: Mixer not built with MP3 support

CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 15-6-2018 at 11:59 AM

here you go - walking down these areas and facing this way causes the game to crash. Sorry about the wait - had some serious health issues.

Ok, thanks for the screenshots I will look again this weekend on windows to test possible crashes on these points.

No problem for delay and I'm sorry for your health problems. :(

I also tried creating an installation, but it crashed as soon as I ran it. Heres what stdout said:

Code:
[RUNTIME - START] exesize: 14081 [RUNTIME - START] datsize: 25029442 [RUNTIME - START] package.....: 26153849 [RUNTIME - START] datsize.....: 25029442 [RUNTIME - START] exesize.....: 14081 [RUNTIME - START] exestart....: 1110316 [RUNTIME - START] datastartpos: 1124397 [RUNTIME - START] DIV_VER: j(106) [RUNTIME - START] len: 26153287 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[0]: 0 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[1]: 5623 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[2]: 25401 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[3]: 9999 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[4]: 0 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[5]: 788 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[6]: 44 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[7]: 0 [RUNTIME - START] mimem[8]: 25445 [RUNTIME - START] iloc_len: 832 [RUNTIME - START] imem_max: 8345447 [RUNTIME - START] len_descomp: 101744 SDL KEY INIT 7c6ef8 found file: packfile.pak divz open file: [packfile.pak] loaded zip: 7c6f80 C:\Users\user\Desktop\alpha2\TOWNX3D\TOWNX3D.EXE 1124397 Looking for packfile.pak FOUND IT! Read 25031801 of 25031801 byte zipptr 5970020, len: 25031801 TESTING packfile.pak FOUND PAK IN ZIP packfile.pak [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: CONCSTEP1.WAV (1/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: CONCSTEP2.WAV (2/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: PANTING.WAV (3/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: HUM_LOOP.WAV (4/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: DOOROPEN.WAV (5/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: DOORCLOSE_LATCH.WAV (6/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: DOORCLOSE_SLAM.WAV (7/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: LOCKEDDOORJIGGLE.WAV (8/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: METALSHUTTERS.WAV (9/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: METALFENCE.WAV (10/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: METALDOOR.WAV (11/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: METAL4.WAV (12/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: FENCEWIRE.WAV (13/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: LOOK_NOTICE.WAV (14/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: BUZZ1.WAV (15/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: BUZZ2.WAV (16/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: BUZZ3.WAV (17/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: INVOPEN.WAV (18/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: INVCLOSE.WAV (19/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: INVLEFTCLICK.WAV (20/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: INVDENIED.WAV (21/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: INVDROP.WAV (22/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: PICKUPITEM_1.WAV (23/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: PICKUPITEM_2.WAV (24/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: CURSEDAIRTONE.OGG (25/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: TOWN_INIT.OGG (26/27) [RUNTIME LIBRARY - BUSCA_PACKFILE] ZIP EMBEDDED FILE: packdir filename: TOWN_LOOP.OGG (27/27) Mix_Init error: Mixer not built with MP3 support

Mmmm I've tested OGG + WAV in your game without issues, here the only issue showed is Mix_Init, I will check again it this weekend.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 11:33 AM

Hello BreadCaster,

Sorry about the wait, I've tested again the game...

From DIV environment, no issues, I have traveled the whole map without problems, in particular the points you mentioned several times, no crashes.

I then generated an installation package, no problem, tried again the game with the game version of the package, same result, no crashes.

I sent you a PM with a link to download the package version of the game, when you can try it please to report any possible problem and see what it could be.

[Edited on 3-7-2018 by CicTec]
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 12:00 PM

hurrah, it works! strange that it wont work right when compiled on my machine.... oh well haha. Before I release a public alpha, Id want to fix the audio glitch (track loops at the wrong place) and add an intro screen of some kind, like a press 1 to start press 2 to quit kinda deal. if I were to do that could i send it over to you to try compiling before putting it to rest?

I'm not sure if i'll be continuing it at this stage - with the map glitches (black vertical bars/areas on map) and currrent bugs in mode 8 (especially the long winded map editor) i feel like my time with mode 8 may be coming to an end, but it'd be cool to be able to show people what mode 8 *can* do. Im looking at developing in Godot if I can get my head around it, as I really want to be making true 3D games at this point :)

CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 06:36 PM

hurrah, it works! strange that it wont work right when compiled on my machine.... oh well haha.

Great. :), yes is strange the only options I see are an incorrect installation of the new build (maybe you should try to manually delete all the files and insert the new ones) or some DIV environment error that occurs on your machine (most likely the first), use windows 10 ?

Before I release a public alpha, Id want to fix the audio glitch (track loops at the wrong place) and add an intro screen of some kind, like a press 1 to start press 2 to quit kinda deal. if I were to do that could i send it over to you to try compiling before putting it to rest?

Sure, no problem. :)

I'm not sure if i'll be continuing it at this stage - with the map glitches (black vertical bars/areas on map) and currrent bugs in mode 8 (especially the long winded map editor) i feel like my time with mode 8 may be coming to an end, but it'd be cool to be able to show people what mode 8 *can* do. Im looking at developing in Godot if I can get my head around it, as I really want to be making true 3D games at this point :)

I understand, unfortunately, having other projects in development I did not have enough time to thoroughly examine, until now, the problem of the bugs of mode8, which I think could be solved.

Go To Top