Downloads
Tutorials
Add to Favourites

Submit news

DIV ARENA FORUMS
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: __javascript games (both WIP and Game Over)
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 2-3-2016 at 02:15 PM
__javascript games (both WIP and Game Over)

Hullo! Hope this is the right forum to post this in, there isn't a specific section for the recent work Mike's done resurrecting Div-Arena so I guess here's as good of a place as any.

So, a lot of the games have been ported to Javascript and can be played in browser. This is fantastic :smilegrin:

However, would it be possible to put games on some kind of FPS limiter? Currently playing some of the games is pretty much impossible, as great as it is to have access to them. The Castle of Dr Malvado at present should be called "Ice skating (with bears!)". :lol:

And is there any way to lock controls to the Javascript plugin only? When I hit certain buttons, my PC does things like opens the windows taskbar, etc. Or is this just my rig that's having these issues? This is nowhere as big of an issue as the FPS thing though, it basically makes most of them unplayable. If it's just because of the browser I'm using or the version of Java or something then just let me know (I'm running Firefox 44.0.2 on OSX/Windows 7 - same issue on both kinds of machine. No idea how to find out what version of Java I'm running.)

Having said all that, it's great to see the old place up and running again. I thought I'd never see the day, I'm genuinely surprised you have all the backups etc! Well done Mike :)

DM
MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 2-3-2016 at 02:23 PM

Hi Dan. I was hoping that username was yours. Welcome back.

I wouldnt worry too much about the js.mikedx.co.uk games - they are more a record of my progress with DIV over the past 4 months than anything else.

A better example is the BIG MAC remake, which as you can see traps input and runs at the correct speed.

http://div-arena.co.uk/remakes/view/6

Over time, I'll get all of the wips converted. As you can image there is a LOT to go through, but eventually it will be fully automated and everything will have a download link for each format (and more to come) along with a play online.

Never could have imagined playing div games actually within the wip page itself. I'm surprised it even works :)

Go To Top