DIV ARENA FORUMS

DIV-DX builds

Pages:  1  2

Vortigano - 4-12-2017 at 08:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RKSoft  
Thanks for your answers, Cictec. :)

Yes, i know but i think Mike should give you the rights to build official updates on GitHub. You are a very, very helping hand for DIV!!!

Also, Mike, please give him permissions to build DIV on GitHub.

I think the same!!!

CicTec - 5-12-2017 at 09:39 AM

Thanks for your answers, Cictec. :)

Yes, i know but i think Mike should give you the rights to build official updates on GitHub. You are a very, very helping hand for DIV!!!

Also, Mike, please give him permissions to build DIV on GitHub.

You are welcome, RKSoft.

Really server of DIV Arena is connected to the github, every time this is updated, the server generates a new automatic build every midnight, however for this to happen, all the commits are checked and manually merged by Mike, I do not know if it is possible to give permissions to others or activate automatic commits.

Vortigano - 7-1-2018 at 02:31 PM

Hi, i'm using the 17.09.03 update and i can't open fli/flc. The help fli examples don't work

[Edited on 7-1-2018 by Vortigano]

Vortigano - 7-1-2018 at 02:43 PM

The previous update runs ok the example "end_fli", but the first time it loads the fli colors get messed. The previous update runs ok only the example "end_fli", but only the first time when it loads the file the fli colors get messed.

CicTec - 7-1-2018 at 03:03 PM

Hi Vortigano,

Thanks for the report, however, make new updates has some problems for now, continue to publish updates of a fork / unofficial version does not seem a good idea and if the updated code is not approved and unified in the official repository, it is not possible to generate an official build, so I currently do not know how to proceed. :(

Vortigano - 7-1-2018 at 03:28 PM

I hope its resolved soon.

CicTec - 25-4-2018 at 11:12 PM

Hello,

As promised, I've re-uploaded the build package on first post, contains some bugsfix of error(s) worklog also updated and tagged as "=== 18.04.26 ====".

Regards.

RKSoft - 26-4-2018 at 11:37 AM

Cictec, your latest build doesn't work under windows 10. After launching d-windows.exe, one window pops up and nothing happened.

CicTec - 26-4-2018 at 11:47 AM

Hello RKSoft,

Is not possible, I've build and tested it on my windows 10 pro, maybe is a conflict with previous config, try to delete "session.dtf and user.nfo" on the system dir and try to re-launch.

If still not working try to launch d-windows from the command prompt and look what message appears and/or look stdout.txt in system dir.

[Edited on 26-4-2018 by CicTec]

RKSoft - 27-4-2018 at 11:19 AM

Okay, after deleting session.dtf and user.nfo, it works now. Thanks for a new nbuild. :) But i think it laggs more than previous builds. I tested it with my jumpman tutorial.

CicTec - 27-4-2018 at 11:39 AM

Okay, after deleting session.dtf and user.nfo, it works now. Thanks for a new nbuild. :)

Well, you are welcome, RKSoft. :)

But i think it laggs more than previous builds. I tested it with my jumpman tutorial.

Laggs in what sense?

I have not touched anything in the optimization or code config, maybe it's the new version of the DLLs or the compiler used to generate the build.

Please provide more details if possible.

RKSoft - 28-4-2018 at 03:26 PM

I mean laggs like in scrolling; the fps issues. ;)

CicTec - 28-4-2018 at 06:12 PM

I mean laggs like in scrolling; the fps issues. ;)

Ok, which type:
- Does not reach the FPS indicated by SET_FPS?
- Is scrolling not fluid or constant in animation?
- Are visual errors like flickering generated?

Are there in the tutorial info on screen type FPS or other to orient themselves on the benchmarks?

RKSoft - 29-4-2018 at 12:32 PM

The scrolling isn't smooth ;) and if i run a single screen game the movement isn't smooth. So i think there are more problems with the fps function. The old problem i reported but on the latest nightly build it is bad as in previous builds.

CicTec - 2-5-2018 at 12:01 PM

Mmmm, maybe it's the FPS system to check.

Vortigano - 20-6-2018 at 04:09 AM

Hola, solo con la última actualización 18.04.26 no he podido usar "import" (ni con las dll de ejemplos), todo lo demás perfecto, sin problemas. El compilador reporta "Error: expecting [begin]". No he tenido tiempo antes para reportarlo.

CicTec - 20-6-2018 at 06:59 AM

Hello Vortigano,

Please provide an example to test, also, the DLL that you try to import is a valid DIV DLL ?

Vortigano - 20-6-2018 at 07:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CicTec  
Hello Vortigano,

Please provide an example to test, also, the DLL that you try to import is a valid DIV DLL ?

Sí, las dll compiladas en las otras updates funcionan bien, solo tengo problemas para importar las dll en la última update. En esta computadora no tengo dll compiladas, pero puedo hacer una en un momento con el código fuente de demo2.c .

Vortigano - 20-6-2018 at 07:49 AM

Hello Vortigano,

Demo 2 calcula la raiz cuadrada de una suma.

Attachment: demo2_test.zip (9kB)
This file has been downloaded 1063 times

CicTec - 20-6-2018 at 09:49 AM

Thanks, I will try it in the next days.

dom cook - 21-2-2019 at 10:28 AM

Hi Cictec,
I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious but I can't seem to get this to run at all.
I tried running both d-WINDOWS and div-WINDOWS.

[Edited on 21-2-2019 by dom cook]

CicTec - 21-2-2019 at 10:36 AM

Hi dom cook,

You should try this version in a clean folder, with no files of the previous version.

You could also try running d-WINDOWS from the windows console to see if it displays any error message or watch the contents of the stdout.txt and stderr.txt files.

CicTec - 21-2-2019 at 10:42 AM

I forgot, once installed in the clean folder, you should download and install the following files in the system folder:
https://github.com/DIVGAMES/DIV-Games-Studio/tree/master/sys...

In this way DIV should start from 0 without problems.

dom cook - 21-2-2019 at 12:04 PM

Still no luck

I couldn't download some of those files.
I downloaded most of them but that didn't help.
I don't know how to run stuff from the windows console and all that.

CicTec - 21-2-2019 at 12:12 PM

You have to install them all.

You can find the same files in your old folder where you installed DIV or by downloading the latest nightlybuild.

Simply copy them all to the system folder (except executable files, DLLs and other config files created) of the clean new install and everything should work.

If you are still experiencing problems, please try running d-WINDOWS from the console and posting any errors (or the log in the stdout.txt and stderr.txt files)
To run the console command, simply open a windows command prompt, move the CD command to the folder where you installed DIV and type: d-WINDOWS.exe, then press enter, this will start the executable file.

CicTec - 21-2-2019 at 12:16 PM

To make it easier for you, I created the ZIP with the files, simply follow these steps:
1) Install the update you find on the first page of the thread in a clean and empty folder.
2) download those ZIPs and unzip it in the clean folder where you have just installed this build of DIV.

So try running the d-WINDOWS command directly and possibly from the console as explained in the previous post.

[Edited on 21-2-2019 by CicTec]

Attachment: DIV_system_dir_files.zip (309kB)
This file has been downloaded 878 times

Attachment: DIV_help_dir_files.zip (690kB)
This file has been downloaded 851 times

dom cook - 21-2-2019 at 03:11 PM

Still no luck!
I ran from cmd.exe (if that's what you mean by command console)
I got a message saying d-WINDOWS is not recognised as an external command, operable program or batch file...

CicTec - 21-2-2019 at 03:22 PM

Really very strange, I tried this same procedure and everything works fine.

Regarding the use from the command prompt, you have to position yourself in the folder where the d-WINDOWS.exe file is located and type this in the console, including the extension.

for example if you install DIV in C:\DIV you need to do:
1) start cmd.exe.
2) go to DIV folder with CD command: cd\DIV
3) once in the directory you should see this prompt: C:\DIV>, so type: d-WINDOWS.exe (the file must be in this folder to be executed).

Could you post screenshots of the folder where you installed this build of DIV? (root folder and system folder).

Which version of Windows are you using?

CicTec - 21-2-2019 at 03:59 PM

I have made all the screenshots of the necessary folders and files (root, system, and help), below:

root folder:
DIV-root_folder_.png - 59kB

system folder:
DIV-system_folder_.png - 105kB

help folder:
DIV-help_folder_.png - 29kB

By double clicking on d-WINDOWS.exe you can see the execution screenshot:
DIV-Running_.png - 1.2MB

Also I am running DIV (build for Windows) from Linux with WINE, and as you can see everything works here too. :)

dom cook - 21-2-2019 at 08:52 PM

OK Success!
I noticed I was missing a few libraries in the new system folder. Then I had the help folder inside a help folder. But It's working now.
Thanks for your patience and perseverence.

CicTec - 21-2-2019 at 09:03 PM

Great, thanks to you for continuing to try. :)

Please report back to us when possible, the feedback from this build (compared to the last one you were using) so that we can determine which source code is the most stable to update the official repository.

dom cook - 21-2-2019 at 09:11 PM

Well it certainly feels smooth, good work
I have found my first bug.
It doesn't recognise the 'load_sound' command either in my program or in the built in example.
The one I'm using from feb 2016 works fine with this.

[Edited on 21-2-2019 by dom cook]

CicTec - 21-2-2019 at 09:13 PM

load_sound is a new name, in this build only originals DIV2 names are availables, for now you can replace it with load_wav.

dom cook - 27-2-2019 at 02:14 PM

!Bug Report!

Ok, I've been playing with this build this morning and I've found a couple of niggling little bugs.

1. After using the map editor the ink colour for numbers sometimes changes to black. I would prefer a black background in the prg editor so, while not a major problem, this is a bit of a pain.

2. I usually have to drag maps into the fpg window more than once to get them to save in it.

CicTec - 27-2-2019 at 03:15 PM

Hi dom,

This build does not contain any changes / improvements to the IDE (except the packager generator), but only the core (compiler, interpreter and runtime library), so these bugs should also be present in previous builds.

Thanks anyway for the report, we will put them in the list of bugs to be corrected. :)

For the rest, have you encountered problems running programs, code, functions, etc ...?

Vortigano - 27-2-2019 at 04:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dom cook  
!Bug Report!

1. After using the map editor the ink colour for numbers sometimes changes to black. I would prefer a black background in the prg editor so, while not a major problem, this is a bit of a pain.

Yes, I think that it happens when changing the palette in all the divdx builds, (edit: only inside the divdx ide system).

[Edited on 27-2-2019 by Vortigano]

Missing Buttons

dom cook - 4-3-2019 at 10:29 PM

Hi Cic Tec, I've been using your build for a little while now and so far haven't met with any big problems. Having said that, one slightly annoying feature has recently manifested. The button to continue from the last session that should appear when DIV is opened seems to have disappeared. This could potentially cause loss of maps etc if the program crashes before they are saved.

DIV_0000.png - 469kB

[Edited on 4-3-2019 by dom cook]

CicTec - 5-3-2019 at 09:50 AM

Hi dom,

Mmmm ok, this should be about something of the IDE that has not really been touched, but a review would not hurt, I do not find the problem in the same build for Linux, maybe missing some files, I'll review it and if I find something I inform you.

For the rest, thanks for the report. :)

dom cook - 8-3-2019 at 05:11 AM

Hi dom,

Mmmm ok, this should be about something of the IDE that has not really been touched, but a review would not hurt, I do not find the problem in the same build for Linux, maybe missing some files, I'll review it and if I find something I inform you.

For the rest, thanks for the report. :)

Hi again,
I did a bit of amateur system analysis to try and figure out this problem, by which I mean I started deleting files out of the system folder. I started with the ones beginning with 's' like session and startup and although this got me back to the screen where you put your name in, it still didn't return the 'continue' button.

After that, I decided that my best bet was to get rid of files with 'exec' in the name, and hey presto! I got my button back.

Anyway I'm posting a couple of zipped folders containing the stuff I deleted in case you want to ananlyse it.

Attachment: pesky exec files.zip (14kB)
This file has been downloaded 858 times

Attachment: Suspected culprits.zip (301kB)
This file has been downloaded 853 times

[Edited on 8-3-2019 by dom cook]

CicTec - 8-3-2019 at 11:23 AM

Hi dom.

Thanks for the tests ...

I looked at the files.

The first ZIP contains the EXEC (as you mentioned) which are the files that are created when you compile and run a program.
The user.info file is a config file that stores user information during the first boot phase.

The second ZIP contains the setup files you need when you create a packeger, start a program, etc ... and session files store everything you leave open in the IDE (PRG, menus, editors, maps, etc ...)

It can happen sometimes that some files are saved badly, this can cause errors like the one you got, so when you install a new version if you encounter problems, the order of operations to do are:
1) manually delete all EXEC.EXT files.
2) if the first point does not solve the problem, delete the setup.ext files, and session.ext, this will delete the entire saved session (as explained above).
3) if the first two points do not solve, delete user.info to completely reset the first phase of startup and config of the environment.

[Edited on 8-3-2019 by CicTec]

dom cook - 8-3-2019 at 11:38 AM

Good job. Thanks.

Vortigano - 10-3-2019 at 09:16 PM

!Bug Report!

Hello, I am very busy studying, but I think I have found a clue about what causes the problem with the ide and the graphic editor.

in the ide menu:
MAIN_MENU -> SYSTEM -> CONFIGURATION -> program_editor.numbers = color_index.

after i apply soften FX to my map, when i return to the code editor the program_editor.numbers_color seem to be seted to 0 so the ide will paint it using transparent color. Something like this:
MAIN_MENU -> SYSTEM -> CONFIGURATION -> program_editor.numbers = 0.
Anyway the ide sometimes works fine although the "program_editor.numbers_color" says transparent color. When i return from running some program or restart the ide the problem is corrected.

dom cook - 11-3-2019 at 05:45 AM

Good detective work Vortigano. Good luck with the studying, don't overdo it.

CicTec - 11-3-2019 at 09:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Vortigano  
!Bug Report!

Hello, I am very busy studying, but I think I have found a clue about what causes the problem with the ide and the graphic editor.

in the ide menu:
MAIN_MENU -> SYSTEM -> CONFIGURATION -> program_editor.numbers = color_index.

after i apply soften FX to my map, when i return to the code editor the program_editor.numbers_color seem to be seted to 0 so the ide will paint it using transparent color. Something like this:
MAIN_MENU -> SYSTEM -> CONFIGURATION -> program_editor.numbers = 0.
Anyway the ide sometimes works fine although the "program_editor.numbers_color" says transparent color. When i return from running some program or restart the ide the problem is corrected.

Hi Vortigano,

Probably there will be some bugs somewhere that causes this problem, all the interested parties should be analyzed.

Thanks for the report.

Pages:  1  2