Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: DIV needs YOUR help!
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 17-11-2016 at 01:42 AM

Is like a "delay", but linked alway to FPS, we must try as a result will give in the function, thanks for the suggestion.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 17-11-2016 at 12:28 PM

Well, I looked at the code for the background, the internal engine creates a copy of the graph of the FPG from use as textures, also applying some transformations, for this the previous example does not work, should I check because they take place these internal transformations and if it is possible to change the engine to have a more direct integration with DIV, currently for example is using more memory than necessary.
Hikaru
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 21-12-2016 at 05:21 PM

Hi... first time here, but long-time DIV, Fenix, and BennuGD coder...

Just to be quick... is there any chance of a Dreamcast port of DIV? I know that the DC isn't exactly a console that anyone really cares much about (aside from homebrew-for-money coders), but it seems that it wouldn't be too terrible of a job to port it over since the DC has a port of SDL already. Such a task is out of my league personally. I do like BennuGD, but the DC port is quite slow, and the Fenix port itself is incredibly buggy.

Just throwing that out there...
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 21-12-2016 at 06:17 PM

Hi Hikaru,

As said before, DIV is open-source now, Dreamcast is not ported at moment, but is one of the possible platforms to be ported.
tvault
DIV Newbie

[*] posted on 28-12-2016 at 11:20 PM

Hi,

If you want to further advertise DIV, is it worth setting up some accounts on game sites such as
Kongregate, Newgrounds, GameJolt , Itch.io etc...

DIV is a superb game creation product and I would love to see DIV get some attention again.

Any revenue made from the above sites could go towards hosting costs etc...

What do you think?

[Edited on 28-12-2016 by tvault]
Hikaru
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 31-12-2016 at 12:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CicTec  
Hi Hikaru,

As said before, DIV is open-source now, Dreamcast is not ported at moment, but is one of the possible platforms to be ported.

Thanks for your comment :)
hackwrench
DIV Newbie

[*] posted on 7-1-2017 at 08:46 AM

Create a hybrid DIV/QB64 compiler and you will get more people with interest in QB64. Just look for languages to merge into DIV and contribute to the original compilers' forums with the hint that the users of the forums might want to use the that language+ features of DIV. QB64 has tried to do things in such a way that it appeals to those who want to make closed source programs as much of its library has a BSD/MIT style license.
If you integrate QB64 into your code base. I can frequently mention there that they may want to use DAV instead

Also. I am having trouble finding the repository. You need more links to it on the site.

[Edited on 1-7-2017 by hackwrench]

Also, on your downloads page, you list an "assets" repository, and from there I found the rest, but you should link also/instead to the main repository there.

[Edited on 1-7-2017 by hackwrench]
MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 8-1-2017 at 12:43 PM

This QB64 sounds interesting I will look into that

I shall update the downloads page with a link to the github repo, thanks for reminding me! :)
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 31-3-2017 at 02:30 PM

So, after some weeks. Whats about DIV future? In GitHub, there's nothing and here again. I know that everybody have a reallife with family and work. DIV is our hobby, so we shouldn't forget it. I take a look into the forum, every day, and nothing happens. :(

We lost DIV and the DIV Arena about years. Please, not again!
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 31-3-2017 at 04:40 PM

Hello RKSoft,

Unfortunately, as has already been explained, Mike does not have much time with the new job and the DIV code needs a lot of work to be corrected, modernized, etc... with no time (or lack of time) this is extremely difficult.

But do not worry, these days I'm working on something for DIV, especially in buxfix, you should be able to have a new release next month.
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 1-4-2017 at 01:15 PM

Thanks for reply, CicTec. Its okay for me when we get a new release/version 3-6 month. And i said everbody has a reallife. But, good to know a new release is coming. I think the really bad bugs like oversize RAM need in compiled exe (ex: for windows) is the big one. :)
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 2-4-2017 at 10:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RKSoft  
Thanks for reply, CicTec. Its okay for me when we get a new release/version 3-6 month. And i said everbody has a reallife. But, good to know a new release is coming.

No problem.

Given the short time available for the development that we have for now, I think the best thing is to initially provide a release of the fully functional current version and free of bugs (or less possible bugs)

Quote: Originally posted by RKSoft  

I think the really bad bugs like oversize RAM need in compiled exe (ex: for windows) is the big one. :)

I have already fixed several bugs these days, this is top of the list to be corrected, once the reformatting of the code is finished.

As already indicated, we should be able to have a test and new beta release for this month.
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 3-4-2017 at 02:06 PM

Great, so, i continue my work on the tilebased level editor and testgame :)
mckaygerhard
DIV Newbie

[*] posted on 17-5-2017 at 06:36 PM

i interesting in DIV studio due make support (and seem compiles) in older and in Linux now!

but seems there's no pointing page to instructions, start docs or whatever for new incoming users..

the github repo does not have a wiki place and the readme's inside the source code seems quite olders..

i'm interesting in porting and packagin for older linux and debian due i have many people that makes simple games, and with this now can made more complex and innovative games..

why? due in many countries OpenGL or 3D GPU are not available and so the 80% of gamming life are now cut-down.. but with this environment this can be a solution to that problem!

so then, where i can find more instructions, tecnical docs and infor for páckagin and compiling to linux!
Corax
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 12-7-2017 at 03:02 PM

Greetings,

I bought DIV (it was named "Profesional Game Maker" in germany) a long time ago and didn´t expect much of it but it´s my favourite engine until today (for 2D games). I like the idea of "a game to make games".
I still have backups of programs - in the hope that it returns some day on Windows. By the way - it was a serendipity to find your Website.

There are some issues though:

Your Website isn´t very convincing.

Many games you want to download are *currently unavailable*.

Or you get messages like "404! Nope, looked everywhere. If you clicked a link on this site and got to this page - please report it on the forum".

When it comes to DIV itself, I have the following suggestions:

1. Finish the program first (until it is on the same level as the DOS version).

2. Concentrate on PC development then on the other platforms.

3. No further mode8 development. The "Unreal Engine" or "Unity" are much better at 3D.

4. Release open source code of games so that the users can learn from it. Then place tutorials on youtube.

MAKE DIV GREAT AGAIN! (sorry)
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 16-7-2017 at 03:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Corax  
Greetings,

I bought DIV (it was named "Profesional Game Maker" in germany) a long time ago and didn´t expect much of it but it´s my favourite engine until today (for 2D games). I like the idea of "a game to make games".
I still have backups of programs - in the hope that it returns some day on Windows. By the way - it was a serendipity to find your Website.

There are some issues though:

Your Website isn´t very convincing.

Many games you want to download are *currently unavailable*.

Or you get messages like "404! Nope, looked everywhere. If you clicked a link on this site and got to this page - please report it on the forum".

Hello Corax and Welcome,

Prior to what I know DIV-Arena has been restored in its "original" state since its close in 2005, some changes and improvements have been made but the work is not over, so you can find errors like the one reported and the style seems "unconvincing" I think later on will be modernized as it should.

When it comes to DIV itself, I have the following suggestions:

1. Finish the program first (until it is on the same level as the DOS version).

The original DIV2 version was "complete", the new version is being ported, is now trying to complete what is missing to get everything DIV2 for DOS but for a modern platform, then we should proceed to a modernization to add new features (32bits support of colors, 3D, etc ...)

2. Concentrate on PC development then on the other platforms.

Currently DIVDX supports all PC platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac).

3. No further mode8 development. The "Unreal Engine" or "Unity" are much better at 3D.

Well, Real 3D like the one supported by Unity and other game engine is for AAA games/programs, mode8 is right for old-style games, I think the existence of one does not preclude the other, both have their strengths and weak.

4. Release open source code of games so that the users can learn from it. Then place tutorials on youtube.

MAKE DIV GREAT AGAIN! (sorry)

Surely any games / examples alongside the program will be released open-source, then for the games produced by the users, they will themselves decide what system / license to use.

Regards.
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 16-7-2017 at 11:30 AM

personally i do quite like using mode 8, its fun to see how far you can push old tech sometimes :p

~*~ Princess of Pies and Pastries ~*~
dom cook
Div Pro

[*] posted on 20-10-2017 at 07:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BreadCaster  
personally i do quite like using mode 8, its fun to see how far you can push old tech sometimes :p

I second that. Been having a lot of fun with it tonight. It's a bit unstable but then aren't we all?
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top