Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7
Author: Subject: Nightly build bug reports
Dani_Karmann
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 5-11-2016 at 07:26 PM

Yes, the button combination works.
One thing: I'm using Avast as an anti-virus program.

About the program, I see there is a good advantage: now Div loads the images a lot faster, in Div 2 loading was veeery slow and the cursor gets stuck often.

I have a question: Does the new Div solve all the Div 2 bugs? I mean:

*In Div2, the function "roll_palette" does not work.
*Sound volume was low for wav and pcm.
*Mode 8 was very unstable.
*The cursor is not very visible in the map edit mode (it's a very small square).
*You can see the background color by pressing the B button, but you can't do this if you are "holding" an image in selection mode.
*Div 2 sometimes saves incorrectly the bmp images, as RkSoft shows some messages above.
*Div2 sometimes loads incorrectly the palette of certain pcx images.
*When you change the palette of an image or a fpg, Div 2 converts black colour to transparent, ruining the image or archive.

Ah, I found another bug in DivDx, the system shows incorrectly the 9x16 font when you set the size font, but when you execute a program and return to Div, the font is ok.

Are you going to make more changes in the new Div? I have some suggestions:
-Make the cursor in map edit mode more visible (sometimes it's difficult to see it, due to its little size)
-More levels of zoom (like 16x or 32x), 8x is not enough when you work with resolutions like 1024x768.
-Functions to use the system clock (for example, to open a shop at a certain hour in a game, or make the transition between day and night, like in Pokémon Gold/Silver).

CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 5-11-2016 at 07:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Dani_Karmann  
Yes, the button combination works.
One thing: I'm using Avast as an anti-virus program.

About the program, I see there is a good advantage: now Div loads the images a lot faster, in Div 2 loading was veeery slow and the cursor gets stuck often.

I have a question: Does the new Div solve all the Div 2 bugs? I mean:

*In Div2, the function "roll_palette" does not work.
*Sound volume was low for wav and pcm.
*Mode 8 was very unstable.

Hello Dani_Karmann,

I can response on some questions:
- ROLL_PALETTE works again.
- Sound Volume is more high now, probably the old DOS library had a low volume setting.
- We worked in the reactivation of mode8 for some time, correcting several bugs and adding small improvements, now is quite stable, there is still some small bugs to fix, but it is usable, you can see here http://js.mikedx.co.uk/ varios old/new games/examples and running on web.

[Edited on 5-11-2016 by CicTec]
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 6-11-2016 at 02:13 PM

There is no exe file in the last windows nightly build div-beta-nightly-2016-11-06-0c006cca54-win32.zip ;)
MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 6-11-2016 at 05:52 PM

That's strange. I only changed one line of code

I'll look into it
Peter
Loyalty card holder

[*] posted on 8-11-2016 at 09:50 AM
Drag & Drop Sprites in FPG-file twice

In the nightly build of 29-09-2016 I have to drag & drop sprites into the fpg file twice. Not sure if this has been reported before.
Anyway, I will try the latest build tonight to see if the problem still exists.

Stay tuned.

What do you call a bull that sleeps?
A Bull-dozer! :)
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 8-11-2016 at 03:33 PM

Mike, Mikey, Mister Mike, tststs. ^^
And again, in the last nightly div-beta-nightly-2016-11-06-0c006cca54-win32.zip, there is no exe file! Without this file, i cannot test ;)
No d.exe, no divdbg-windows.exe and no div-windows.exe!
MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 8-11-2016 at 09:43 PM

This rebuilt 0c006cca54 should work

http://div-arena.co.uk/downloads/nightlybuilds/div-beta-nigh...

RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 05:22 PM

Finally, i can continue my tests. Thx!
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 10-11-2016 at 11:23 AM

Hey all! Been a while since I logged in, CyberCrisis is still in progress but I lost access to the hard drive it was on for a while (I'm sure you know how that feels, MikeDX...) Last few bugs have been ironed out, there's one small glitch that I do have to work on but aside from that it's just shooting and editing the FMV sequences and then I'm done.

In regards to progress on DivDX - how are things coming along with the 16/32 bit colour support? (I'd happily take either, really!) Every time I look at the nightly builds all I can really do is go "ah... yeah that seems neat." I can't really make anything with such a limited colour pallete, especially loading in images made in Photoshop as DivDX just tells me that the pallete will need to be modified and before I know it everything in my FPG looks terrible.

The only game I can see myself making with it currently would be an entirely cel shaded game in black and white (like Mad World), but that's awfully restrictive. Still, good to see some progress in general - will be excited to see full colour support when it's done, I have a few small ideas :)

~*~ Princess of Pies and Pastries ~*~
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 10-11-2016 at 12:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BreadCaster  

In regards to progress on DivDX - how are things coming along with the 16/32 bit colour support? (I'd happily take either, really!) Every time I look at the nightly builds all I can really do is go "ah... yeah that seems neat." I can't really make anything with such a limited colour pallete, especially loading in images made in Photoshop as DivDX just tells me that the pallete will need to be modified and before I know it everything in my FPG looks terrible.

Hello BreadCaster,

Support 16/32bits is in development, it would be possible to get an early software rendering release, the accelerated rendering version (OpenGL, etc...) it would be necessary first to have support in the language for data FLOAT, DOUBLE, etc...

Also need a new FPG, MAP, FNT format to 16/32bits, which is still in phase of processing.
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 10-11-2016 at 12:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by CicTec  

Hello BreadCaster,

Support 16/32bits is in development, it would be possible to get an early software rendering release, the accelerated rendering version (OpenGL, etc...) it would be necessary first to have support in the language for data FLOAT, DOUBLE, etc...

Also need a new FPG, MAP, FNT format to 16/32bits, which is still in phase of processing.

Well if any of you good folks want someone to test the build out, I'm right here, brand new Windows 8 PC and everything. I'd really like to see the combination of mode 8 and 32 bit, and potentially later on, alpha blending/additive blending. I think there's a threshold that DivDX needs to be passed for being considered for indie gamedev, and it's getting closer to it every day =)

is it possible to add TFF support as well or/instead? FNT is kind of cavemen playing with glyphs at this point. I don't know how hard that would be though, just an idea. I have, of course, been working with Bennu for a long time now, so there's a lot that I have to accept when going back to Div! :)

CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 10-11-2016 at 12:39 PM

Well if any of you good folks want someone to test the build out, I'm right here, brand new Windows 8 PC and everything. I'd really like to see the combination of mode 8 and 32 bit, and potentially later on, alpha blending/additive blending. I think there's a threshold that DivDX needs to be passed for being considered for indie gamedev, and it's getting closer to it every day =)

When available, will be definitely released a version for testing, do not worry.

is it possible to add TFF support as well or/instead? FNT is kind of cavemen playing with glyphs at this point. I don't know how hard that would be though, just an idea. I have, of course, been working with Bennu for a long time now, so there's a lot that I have to accept when going back to Div! :)

The FNT format continues to be the only solution to have FNT with texture and color ranges and other effects, the TTF format does not support this unfortunately, however DivDX will support both FNT and TTF.
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 10-11-2016 at 01:05 PM

The FNT format continues to be the only solution to have FNT with texture and color ranges and other effects, the TTF format does not support this unfortunately, however DivDX will support both FNT and TTF.

True, but if you develop a write_in_map function then you could manipulate the appearance of the text using graphic commands, hehe ;) thanks, I'll be looking forward to the test build!! :)

CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 10-11-2016 at 01:11 PM

In the new DivDX, you will have many new commands that allow you to manipulate the appearance and graphics effects in realtime. :)
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 10-11-2016 at 01:31 PM

True, but if you develop a write_in_map function then you could manipulate the appearance of the text using graphic commands, hehe ;) thanks, I'll be looking forward to the test build!! :)

It would be difficult to apply a graphic texture to each glyph, the FNT format also serves to avoid this, then you can apply other effects such as blending, geometric transformations, etc ... easily.
Dani_Karmann
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 09:59 AM

I found two new problems:

-First, when you open a file and then you minimize it, the icon goes to the bottom of the DivDX window; but then my Windows start bar hides this part of the DivDX window and I cannot see the minimized objects, and I cannot set the full screen (because I get a black screen). This is caused by the size of the window, but I cannot change the video mode.

-Second, there is a minor problem with the reproduction of the music modules. Let's suppose we have a .xm song, with 64 lines. It begins with the line 001, and when it finishes it restarts from the line 002. But DivDx reproduces the song from the starting.

[Edited on 3-12-2016 by Dani_Karmann]
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 10:55 AM

I found two new problems:

-First, when you open a file and then you minimize it, the icon goes to the bottom of the DivDX window; but then my Windows start bar hides this part of the DivDX window and I cannot see the minimized objects, and I cannot set the full screen (because I get a black screen). This is caused by the size of the window, but I cannot change the video mode.

This happen because the DIV environment start as the same size of desktop, so the bar hidden part of windows, simply maximize with windows button to "fix" the problem, is normal.

-Second, there is a minor problem with the reproduction of the music modules. Let's suppose we have a .xm song, with 64 lines. It begins with the line 001, and when it finishes it restarts from the line 002. But DivDx reproduces the song from the starting.

Look like a behaviour/bug of internal library used to play music files more than a DivDX bug, probably does not recognize/reproduces some particular note, the file is made with standard XM editor?

[Edited on 3-12-2016 by CicTec]

Dani_Karmann
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 11:55 AM

"simply maximize with windows button to "fix" the problem, is normal."

Oops, silly me hehehe. :smilegrin: Yes, it works.

"the file is made with standard XM editor?"

I don't know, it was a module that I downloaded from the "Mod-archive" web page.

CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 12:11 PM

"simply maximize with windows button to "fix" the problem, is normal."

Oops, silly me hehehe. :smilegrin: Yes, it works.

No problem. ;)

"the file is made with standard XM editor?"

I don't know, it was a module that I downloaded from the "Mod-archive" web page.

Please upload the file and explain in detail the problem, I want to try playing with different libraries to see results.
Dani_Karmann
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 07:15 PM

This is the problem: song modules are composed by "lines" numbered 001, 002, etc. In some songs, when finished, the reproduction restarts from another line, like 002 or 003, and then reproduces the song until the last line and then restarts one more time. But in DivDx the song always restarts from the beginning (line 001).

In this case, in the song "beach_rb", the song starts in line 001, continues with lines 002 and 003, and then the reproduction continues another time in line 002; but in DivDx the reproduction returns to line 001.

And I found that when you want to exit DivDx by pressing Alt+X, a letter "x" is writed in the .prg that you have on screen.

Attachment: beach_rb.xm (561kB)
This file has been downloaded 3303 times
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 08:28 PM

Well, i have tested with some libraries, all restart from pattern 1, except openMPT, so maybe is saved with this specific format/program.

If you use windows, please goto: https://openmpt.org/ to download the tracker and execute this song with it, the reproduction of pattern is:
1# - 1 0 2 2 3 3
2# - 2 2 3 3
3# - 2 2 3 3
It should be the original playback you used the Dos version of DIV, right?
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 08:44 PM

Basically DIV sound system is based on SDL_mixer 1.2 that use libmikmod by default for songs (MOD, XM, etc...) and SDL_mixer 2.0 that use now libmodplug (is possible switch the use of SDL_mixer 1.2 to libmodplug).

libmodplug is old version of library, libopenmpt is the new and is used by the openMPT program, is more updated, also it takes support for JS to play files via the web.

Probably using the modplug library should work fine (I have not tested).

Dani_Karmann
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 4-12-2016 at 08:33 PM

(...)the reproduction of pattern is:
1# - 1 0 2 2 3 3
2# - 2 2 3 3
3# - 2 2 3 3
It should be the original playback you used the Dos version of DIV, right?

Yes, these are the patterns and the sequence of the song, it restarts from line 2.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 4-12-2016 at 08:44 PM

Ok, the problem is that the library skip the "restart position" setted on XM and restart from first pattern, maybe is a bug or limitation of libmikmod, should try with libmodplug/libopenmpt.
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 23-1-2017 at 01:40 PM

I use/d the follow version: div-beta-nightly-2016-12-01-dc8b7e5a77-win32

Found follow bugs:
- bad fps drops (2 - 5) when running a prg with F10 from DIV DX (window and fullscreen)
- the keys for [ ] (on german keyboard on 8 and 9 with ALT GR) doesn't work in prg editor, so i must set this chars per Notepad++ (later per copy & paste)
- PNG, GIF, JPEG doesn't work, why?
- map export to bmp still doesn't work correct!

Urgently needed:
- 16/32 bit graphic support (bad convertings from that to 8 bit)!
- XInput support (for PS3, Xbox 360, PS4 and Xbox One controllers)
- higher scale of the map editor (at 1920x1080 that isn't big currently)

I know MikeDX and Cictec have a real life but if you want DIV popular, we need some new games/programs that shows the features of this great engine. Currently i play with a little code by Mike (jump man tutorial). I will improve that code and extend it to a demo game for new users. Maybe, i will make a version with tiles and a tile-editor for.

Best regards ;)
RK

[Edited on 23-1-2017 by RKSoft]

[Edited on 23-1-2017 by RKSoft]
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7

Go To Top