Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6  
Author: Subject: Nightly build bug reports
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 29-4-2017 at 10:12 PM

hm, my latest code with this "hack" is in the latest tutorial at http://div-arena.co.uk/forum2/viewthread.php?tid=209#pid1985 .
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 30-4-2017 at 09:51 AM

Tried, i've tested it with "hack" and not (removing them) and i can confirm that the game/tutorial now seems works as it should, no type of error/craash.

Once the re-format of the remaining files is finished, I'll see if I can fix the memory loss problem in the relase/installation versions, so we can generate and release a new DIV build with all this.

Thanks again for the code.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 6-5-2017 at 09:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RKSoft  
So, another bug found but it is in compiled version. I used the latest nightly build (see above). Take a look at my task manager.

The Jumpman tutorial game used 1.4GB RAM? Not really or? I think this is a bug in the compiled (.exe) version because the in-DIV-version used ca. 12 MB.

Hello RKSoft,

The bug has been fixed, also i have answerd here:
https://github.com/DIVGAMES/DIV-Games-Studio/issues/19

Thanks again for the report.

@Mike, I still have problems with repos configuration to make pull requests, i need to delete everything to set the config correctly, now i do not have time to do so, i have sent you a PM with instructions where you can download the latest source code with everyone change, please update you the repo for the new build.

[Edited on 6-5-2017 by CicTec]
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 6-5-2017 at 01:36 PM

Finally, we can make a release version of our DIV based programms :), thx Cictec. Now, waiting for the next build...
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 6-6-2017 at 02:15 PM

Whats the state of a new nightly build/next beta? Mike? Could you compile the fixed version please?
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 02:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RKSoft  
Whats the state of a new nightly build/next beta? Mike? Could you compile the fixed version please?

i think you might be yelling into a vaccum, dude :/

until mikes back onto the project, i think things are at a standstill mostly. id just settle for a version thatd compile my WIP project as a standalone - my music guy wants to see it! but for now, in turn, ive also stopped development on my own project, sadly...

~*~ Princess of Pies and Pastries ~*~
MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 04:29 PM

Hey.

I'm still alive but working my ass off.

It seems easy enough for me to get the server to do a build for us based on the code cictec sent to me.

DIV is not dead, just sleeping! :)
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 9-6-2017 at 02:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BreadCaster  
id just settle for a version thatd compile my WIP project as a standalone.

Hello Breadcaster,

From the last test you made was still a bug in the mode8 release programs (crashing during the execution), this month I am enough busy with my other DIV-like project, let's see if I can find a little room to fix this bug before Mike creates the official build (or for a second build), so you can distribute your game demo.
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 9-6-2017 at 03:58 PM

Nice to read answers from you Mike & CicTec. Sure, reallife is higher priority than a hobby like DIV DX. I think when we get the next nightly with fixed issues like the compiled ram bug or similiar we can release games for the community and make DIV populary than now. But, no stress please! I hope the next DIV DX nightly/beta comes soon.

@BreadCaster
Sad to read that. But, your friend/musician can download the latest nightly and looks into your game. Please be patient, DIV DX isn't dead!
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 10-6-2017 at 09:13 AM

@BreadCaster, i have found the bug.

It just seems that the packager does not include WLD files in the Exe or even in the ZIP file, please, do this test.

1) Enter to DIV and create the installation packege.
2) Unzip the ZIP file that is generated in a separate folder from the DIV (ie C:\forgotten).
3) Manually copy the "fg_test_lower / upper.wld" files from the DIV/development folder to the new release folder.

This, according to the tests I did, solves the crash problem after the logo and the demo seems to work fine.

[Edited on 10-6-2017 by CicTec]
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 10-6-2017 at 01:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by CicTec  
@BreadCaster, i have found the bug.

It just seems that the packager does not include WLD files in the Exe or even in the ZIP file, please, do this test.

1) Enter to DIV and create the installation packege.
2) Unzip the ZIP file that is generated in a separate folder from the DIV (ie C:\forgotten).
3) Manually copy the "fg_test_lower / upper.wld" files from the DIV/development folder to the new release folder.

This, according to the tests I did, solves the crash problem after the logo and the demo seems to work fine.

Okay, will try this as soon as I can - the coming week is looking quite free for me so may try it then :)

CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 10-6-2017 at 11:40 PM

Well, have found the real bug, the EXE contains .WLD, but it is not able to load it for an internal name bug.

It has now been fixed and the release version work fine, I have also corrected another missing DLL bug in the installer windows version.

@Mike, i send you the PM for the new source-code and instructions.

[Edited on 11-6-2017 by CicTec]
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 11-6-2017 at 05:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by CicTec  
Well, have found the real bug, the EXE contains .WLD, but it is not able to load it for an internal name bug.

It has now been fixed and the release version work fine, I have also corrected another missing DLL bug in the installer windows version.

@Mike, i send you the PM for the new source-code and instructions.

yeah I did think something might be amiss :lol: tried to get it working using your above suggested method ^^^ but it didnt work at all :(

CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 11-6-2017 at 06:02 PM

I am sorry for this, I have tried this method with the latest version that I have available, and it works, maybe the actual nightly-build has other bugs that have been fixed in the version I have, allowing this method to work.

In any case, the bug has been fixed and now the release versions work well, I hope Mike can soon create the new build so you can distribute your games/demos.

MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 11-6-2017 at 08:59 PM

Ok guys I'm going to tell the server to make a build based on cictec's files he's sent to me. It won't be the same as the normal github builds as we don't have the commits but it'll be more than good enough to test.

I'm off to majorca in a few hours but I'm taking my laptop and will have wifi over there :)
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 12-6-2017 at 02:59 PM

Hey, cool. Now waiting for the next nightly :). Have a good time in Mallorca and don't use your laptop to much. You have vacation :)
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 1-7-2017 at 08:31 AM

Hey all

Any news on the next nightly? If not, is there any possibiilty of getting my project compiled for web/in browser? Would be demanding on the system running it but would be worth it ;)

MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 1-7-2017 at 09:21 AM

We are just ironing out a couple of issues in cictecs latest changes and then we can do the build :)
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 1-7-2017 at 09:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BreadCaster  
Hey all

Any news on the next nightly? If not, is there any possibiilty of getting my project compiled for web/in browser? Would be demanding on the system running it but would be worth it ;)

It should have been created, unfortunately I can now program for windows and there may be some errors in the Linux build, we are testing the system to system (I'm in Windows, Mike in Linux) of the new code, Yesterday I just passed Mike some corrections of problems that brought me back, as soon as we've verified that everything works cross-platform, you will get the new build. :)

BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 02:33 AM

Fair enough!! Good luck guyss :D <3

RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 9-9-2017 at 01:00 PM

Now, no bug report but i would like to thanks Cictec who made the latest update with fixes and Mike, who compiled it to an official nightly build. I compiled my tutorial Jumpman (made with installer) and it works well without any glitches (except the fps drops). Switching between fullscreen, maximize window and to normal works well. The minigame needs only ~10mb ram. There is no ALT+X, window-x bug or something else! Great work.

[Edited on 9-9-2017 by RKSoft]
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 08:38 AM

Hi RKSoft,

Happy to hear that everything works well now, I think I've solved the problems I had with the repository, so I made pull requests to update the code I wrote for the official nightly build generation (the first has been generated sucessful), once Mike has merged all requests, an official build will be generated equal to the last update I have released, from that moment you will be able to work again with the official builds.
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 12:44 PM

Thats really nice news :)
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 29-9-2017 at 04:43 PM

I posted this bug at GitHub:

Generate font by importing a pcx failed!

Like the tile says, it crashes DIV DX (DIVDX-windows-17.09.03-update) on Windows 7-64 Bit Home Premium. I tried it with a BMP and PCX file. Doesn't work. But, it works on previous nightly build (tested with div-beta-nightly-2017-02-08-fb9d1ac228-win32).
Casper
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 18-10-2017 at 10:17 PM

The latest two nightly builds for windows are missing d.exe... I've switched to the 3rd newest.
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6  

Go To Top