Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Possible DIV3 bug? get_fileinfo appears not to work on Windows
Casper
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 4-2-2018 at 03:04 PM
Possible DIV3 bug? get_fileinfo appears not to work on Windows

This is my test program:

Code:
COMPILER_OPTIONS _case_sensitive; program test_get_fileinfo; const path = "assets\"; fileName = "test.dat"; global fileHandle; data = 777; result1; begin fileHandle = fopen(path + fileName, "w"); fwrite(offset data, sizeof(data), fileHandle); fclose(fileHandle); result1 = get_fileinfo(path + fileName); write_int(0, 20, 20, 0, &result1); repeat frame; until (scan_code != 0) end

The file is a simple DIV written file containing the integer value 273. When I run this program from DIV3, result1 is always 0.

[Edited on 2018-2-4 by Casper]
MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 4-2-2018 at 03:05 PM

I believe this is indeed a bug since the windows version doesn't read the filesystem correctly. I will raise an issue on github and see if i can address it this week
Casper
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 4-2-2018 at 03:23 PM

Thanks Mike!

I am actually struggling with a different related problem: I want to use get_dirinfo (which does work on windows) to retrieve a directory listing of one of my asset data folders. However, it appears that get_dirinfo is always executed from the DIV executables path, not the path of the program. This means I can't dynamically load data files from my game folder unless I predetermine the path in code (which won't be the same for users on another machine).

Any tips? Is it possible in a DIV program to retrieve the value of what's in exec.path?
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 4-2-2018 at 04:08 PM

Hi Casper,

GET_DIRINFO is one of the functions I have in the list to be implemented.

It simply does not work for windows because it uses search functions for UNIX and DOS, it is necessary to implement the version with the appropriate WINDOWS functions to work well.

At the moment it will not work any way you try.
Casper
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 4-2-2018 at 08:27 PM

Hey CicTec,

That's interesting... because I do manage to get some information about the files in a directory using get_dirinfo()... perhaps Windows has a fallback for old DOS commands?
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 4-2-2018 at 08:55 PM

has some fallbacks probably, but to properly list the files and their names you need the native functions of the Windows API, especially to work properly in the latest versions like Windows 8 and 10.

Go To Top