Tutorials
Add to Favourites

Submit news

DIV ARENA FORUMS
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Divtris Divtetris or something like that.... i hope...
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 7-1-2018 at 02:15 PM

thx, ^_^ I think adding some language files would be nice, but I'm a bit stuck with drawings. I'm trying to make an enjoyable game to pass the time.
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 13-2-2018 at 01:12 PM

This is the project for now. I have removed the font files, I prefer to make letter by letter as if they were sprites. In the same way as the undulating start text. The glitch of the blue key happens because div mistakes the colors when importing the graphics of the key, so then I have to do some program that repairs the colors of all the graphics of the blue key :P . The same thing had happened to me when I imported the graphics of the 3D blue piece. They are modeled and rendered in anim8or.
The name editor for maximum score is old, I have a better version that I have not yet implemented (I have it in my draft notes but it works).
ArrowKeys or A-S-D to move, z-x to rotate. P to pause. Alt+x to exit, Q+W to clear hiscore file (it only works in the first screen and it's for testing porpouses). Some tutorial is missing for new players, a demo mode is missing, the possibility of configuring the keys is missing, the possibility of changing language is missing, sound effects are missing, music is missing, a background image is missing, the seed of generation of random pieces is fixed because I was making some attempts that the pc play alone (and do not lose XD). It is a lot of work that needs to be done ... creating the graphics has been the most complicated thing for me. I hope to improve it step by step :)
There is a ghost infiltrated in the program, it should not be there, I forgot to remove it.

Attachment: divtris-2018-02-11.rar (1.7MB)
This file has been downloaded 2083 times

RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 14-2-2018 at 01:04 PM

Woah, that's really great. I finished the first stage. It makes me addicted. Great work!!! :thumbup:
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 14-2-2018 at 02:04 PM

Thank you very much.
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 16-2-2018 at 10:27 PM

My last two prg files have been corrupted (divtris and one that generates prime numbers), due to an electric-power failure :'( . Some things that have been seen in the latest version may change a bit. Reminder: to make regular backups.
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 17-2-2018 at 02:36 PM

Bad, but i hope you learned something ;) Make backups when you do big changes in your code. I hope you can replicate it.
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 18-2-2018 at 01:17 PM

I have overcome the problem by rewriting the code, if I had lost the graphics it would have been worse. Now I am programming the menu system.
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 20-2-2018 at 01:00 PM

Hi, i have made the new installation files, but the exe runs very slow... i'm using FILE0 as a dinamic clipboard loading and reloading fpg to make my text effects. The problem is that when i run the program on the ide it runs ok (i think that it's ok because the files aren't packed), but when i make the installation and the files get packed i think that loading, unloading and reloading the fpg files in the FILE0 bank slows down my program. I have tested the program in Gemix without any modifications, and it runs very well. I would like that div could let us to chose if we want to pack the resource files or not to. :(
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hola, he creado los nuevos archivos de instalación, pero el exe funciona muy lento ... estoy usando FILE0 como un portapapeles dinámico que carga y recarga fpg para hacer mis efectos de texto. El problema es que cuando ejecuto el programa en el ide, funciona bien (creo que está bien porque los archivos no están empaquetados), pero cuando hago la instalación y los archivos se empacan, creo que cargar, descargar y volver a cargar los archivos fpg en el banco FILE0 ralentiza mi programa. He probado el programa en Gemix sin ninguna modificación, y funciona muy bien. Me gustaría que Div nos permitiera elegir si deseamos empacar los archivos de recursos o no :(
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 20-2-2018 at 01:10 PM

With the last nightlybuild neither the installation files works. My only weapon is the last cictec update.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 20-2-2018 at 01:29 PM

Hi Vortigano,

I think it is for the DIV packing system, this works so that all the assets of the app are compressed into a single file and when the program needs to load an asset, it is first necessary to locate where it is in the PAK and then decompress it memory.

Gemix instead. does not compress assets by default, hence the difference in speed, but it may also depend on other factors, you could try to run a test if you want:
1) Make a backup copy of the game assets.
2) Create a mini PRG that loads the assets and saves them again with the FPG_SAVE function using the compression option.
3) Try to load these compressed assets in the version of the game in Gemix.

In this way you will be able to see if there is a slowing down or not, and be able to better determine whether it is a problem only for the DIV packer or other factors.

DIV2 originally had the option to choose whether to package the archives or not, but in DIVDX porting it was deactivated at the moment, however it would be possible to reactivate it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hola Vortigano,

Creo sea por el sistema de packing de DIV, esto funciona de forma que todos los assets de la app sean comprimidos en un unico fichero y cuando el programa necesita cargar un asset, se debe primero localizar donde se encuentra en el PAK y luego descomprimirlo en memoria.

Gemix de contra por default no comprime los assets, de aqui puede ser la diferencia de velocidad, pero podria depender tambien de otros factores, puedes hacer una prueba si quieres:
1) Haz copia de backup de los asset del juego.
2) Crea un mini PRG que los carga y los guarda nuevamente con la funcion FPG_SAVE usando la opcion de compresion.
3) Prueba a cargar estos assets comprimidos en la version del juego en Gemix.

Asi podrias ver si se relentiza tambien o no, y poder establecher mejor si sea un problema del solo packer de DIV o de otros factores.

DIV2 originalmente tenia la opcion para elegir si empaquetar los archivos o no, pero en el porting de DIVDX ha sido desablechada de momento, pero seria posible volver a reactivarla.
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 20-2-2018 at 01:34 PM

Sos un groso Cictec!!!, voy a tratar de acorralar el problema con eso y por nada del mundo voy a abandonar div. Muchas gracias!!!
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 20-2-2018 at 02:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by CicTec  
Hi Vortigano,

I think it is for the DIV packing system, this works so that all the assets of the app are compressed into a single file and when the program needs to load an asset, it is first necessary to locate where it is in the PAK and then decompress it memory.

Gemix instead. does not compress assets by default, hence the difference in speed, but it may also depend on other factors, you could try to run a test if you want:
1) Make a backup copy of the game assets.
2) Create a mini PRG that loads the assets and saves them again with the FPG_SAVE function using the compression option.
3) Try to load these compressed assets in the version of the game in Gemix.

In this way you will be able to see if there is a slowing down or not, and be able to better determine whether it is a problem only for the DIV packer or other factors.

DIV2 originally had the option to choose whether to package the archives or not, but in DIVDX porting it was deactivated at the moment, however it would be possible to reactivate it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hola Vortigano,

Creo sea por el sistema de packing de DIV, esto funciona de forma que todos los assets de la app sean comprimidos en un unico fichero y cuando el programa necesita cargar un asset, se debe primero localizar donde se encuentra en el PAK y luego descomprimirlo en memoria.

Gemix de contra por default no comprime los assets, de aqui puede ser la diferencia de velocidad, pero podria depender tambien de otros factores, puedes hacer una prueba si quieres:
1) Haz copia de backup de los asset del juego.
2) Crea un mini PRG que los carga y los guarda nuevamente con la funcion FPG_SAVE usando la opcion de compresion.
3) Prueba a cargar estos assets comprimidos en la version del juego en Gemix.

Asi podrias ver si se relentiza tambien o no, y poder establecher mejor si sea un problema del solo packer de DIV o de otros factores.

DIV2 originalmente tenia la opcion para elegir si empaquetar los archivos o no, pero en el porting de DIVDX ha sido desablechada de momento, pero seria posible volver a reactivarla.

I compressed the fpg files with Gemix (only the text effects files that I think overloads my cpu) and the game began to lose frames per second.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comprimí los ficheros fpg con Gemix (no todos, solo los de efectos para texto que creo que recargan mi cpu) y el juego empezó a perder fps.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 20-2-2018 at 03:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Vortigano  

I compressed the fpg files with Gemix (only the text effects files that I think overloads my cpu) and the game began to lose frames per second.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comprimí los ficheros fpg con Gemix (no todos, solo los de efectos para texto que creo que recargan mi cpu) y el juego empezó a perder fps.

You can check the difference in CPU consumption by opening the Windows task manager and selecting the application you are running to see the actual difference.

Another option is to set the program with SET_FPS(0, 0); which eliminates FPS limit control and allows you to get benchmarks to see how many FPS can run the app, from here you can compare to see how much is the loss.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Puedes controlar la diferencia de consumo de CPU abriendo el task manager de Windows y seleccionando la app che se esta ejecutando para ver las diferencias.

Otra opcion es setear el programa con SET_FPS(0, 0); el cual elimina el control de limite de FPS y permite benchmarks para ver a cuantos FPS puede ejecutarse la app, de aqui puedes comparar con mas precision y ver cuanta diferencia y perdida hay entra las dos versiones.

Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 20-2-2018 at 04:22 PM

I will reduce the unnecesary size of some graphics to try to improve the speed. Anyway, on div ide works perfect without problems.

[Edited on 20-2-2018 by Vortigano]
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 20-2-2018 at 04:26 PM

Y gracias Cictec como siempre por la pronta respuesta, el proyecto divtris no va a ser cancelado. :)
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 20-2-2018 at 04:36 PM

You're welcome, if it works in the IDE, the main (or only cause) should then be the packing system, as also demonstrated by the tests.

Yes, the reduction of the loading of the resources could solve the problem at the moment.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
De nada, pues si en el IDE funciona bien entonces la principal (o solo causa) deberia ser el packing system, como tambien demostrado desde los tests hechos.

Si, la reducion del loding de los recursos deberia resolver el problema al momento.
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 21-2-2018 at 03:13 AM

I haven't had time to reduce the size of the graphics of some fpgs, but I optimized the algorithm to write text using graphics from fpg files and increased the speed of the game on Gemix with compressed files. The Div compilation still has the same problem. I will upload the Div version and the Gemix version when I have time. (The same prg file compiled in the two versions), div with fpg packed and gemix with fpg compressed.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 21-2-2018 at 06:35 PM

Mmmm, if the DIV version continues to give problems after optimizing, then the packing system may not be the only cause.

If you can provide information on the type of algorithm used to get the effect or a mini demo PRG, maybe you could get this in another way to solve the slowdown problem in the DIV version.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mmmm, si la version DIV sigue dando problemas despues esta ultima optimizacion, entonces es posible que el packing system no sea la unica causa.

Si te es posible proporcionar informaciones sobre el tipo de algoritmo usado para obtener el efecto o un mini PRG demo, quizas se podria ver de obtener esto en otro modo para solucionar el problema de baja de rendimiento en la version DIV.
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 22-2-2018 at 12:37 PM

Es que me da algo de vergüenza compartir el codigo fuente, soy un poco desprolijo :P aunque podría hacer un demostrativo del algoritmo, o mejor aún con el demostrativo podría intentar aislar el problema ya que no ocuparía tiempo de ejecución en instrucciones en las que div no tiene problemas. Mi efecto de letras apuntan a efectos similares a los que se pueden ver en juegos como los de Epic MegaGames en ms-dos, y por lo dificultoso que me resultó crear las fuentes a partir de importar tipografías de windows (además de no tener mucha información sobre la estructura de los ficheros fnt de div para generarmelos yo mismo sin usar las herramientas de fenix/bennu que son muy prácticas por cierto, la herramienta para fuentes integrada de div de vez en cuando se crashea y dejé de usarla, y la herramienta que tengo en el pack de Gemix al generar ficheros fnt no se pueden usar en div). Preferí crear mis propias fuentes punto a punto y ponerlas en pantalla a cada cuadro tratándolas como si fueran una operación más de aplicar tiles con mapblockcopy o xmap_put.

[Edited on 22-2-2018 by Vortigano]
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 22-2-2018 at 12:39 PM

De todas formas seguiré avanzando con el proyecto en divdx y paralelamente trataré de aislar el problema ya que en el ide el juego se ejecuta de manera fenomenal.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 22-2-2018 at 01:24 PM

Well, as you prefer.
-------------------------
Bueno, como mejor prefieres.
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 22-2-2018 at 01:45 PM

Gracias Cictec, si llegué hasta acá con esto es en gran medida por tus contribuciones, y es que soy un programador aficionado autodidacta que viene del assembler de los microcontroladores de los años 90, yo los veo a ustedes para mi son todos unos capos en esto y quizás tengo métodos poco ortodoxos para todo porque todo lo he aprendido por mi cuenta. Me gusta ver lo que ustedes publican, con eso yo aprendo mucho. Ahora mismo estoy atendiendo el proyecto divtris, todo va excelente, y cuando puedo dejo el juego abierto dentro del ide y todo va de maravillas. Cuando tenga un demo del problema lo publico, o si detecto específicamente qué procedimientos causan el problema hago el reporte.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 22-2-2018 at 02:01 PM

Thanks.
I understand perfectly, no problem, manage the project as you find it more comfortable, my suggestions were only to try to help solve the problem. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gracias.
Si, comprendo perfectamente, no hay problema, gestiona el proyecto como consideras mas comodo, mis sugerencias eran solo para intentar ayudar a solucionar el problema. :)

[Edited on 22-2-2018 by CicTec]
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 25-2-2018 at 02:02 AM

Hello, I think I found the reason why the div installation was running slower than the Gemix version. Apparently I was using the unload_fpg (0) load_fpg function too many times between few frames, and that slowed down the div version. Now I'm using load_map / pcx which are also recognized graphs at file0 although to download them i have to use unload_map / pcx instead, and with that the div installation runs fine. I still have not reduced the excessively large graphs of some fpg :P . In a few hours I will upload the latest version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola, creo que encontré la causa de que la instalación de div corriera lento y que la version de Gemix corriera normal. Al parecer estaba usando muchas veces la función unload_fpg(0) .... load_fpg entre pocos fotogramas, y eso ralentizaba la versión de div. Ahora estoy usando load_map/pcx que también son reconocidas como parte de file0 aunque para descargarlas tenga que usar unload_map/pcx en su lugar, y con eso la instalación de div corre bien. Sigo si haber reducido las imágenes excesivamente grandes de algún fpg :P. En unas horas subiré la última versión.
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 25-2-2018 at 07:09 AM

Queda mucho por hacer, sigo aprendiendo cosas nuevas :)
There's still a lot to do. I keep learning new things ^_^

He resubido el programa, error corregido.
I've reuploaded the program, bugfixed.

[Edited on 25-2-2018 by Vortigano]

Attachment: DIVTRIS20180225_2.zip (1.9MB)
This file has been downloaded 2055 times

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top