Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  6
Author: Subject: DIV-DX builds
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 19-8-2017 at 12:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CicTec  
Hello,

I've re-uploaded the package on first post, contains some bugsfix of error(s) reported by us and others found, worklog also updated and tagged as "=== 17.08.18 ====".

Genial, estaré probando la actualización en unas horas.
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 19-8-2017 at 03:36 AM

Todo va excelente Cictec, ya no más problemas de memoria y se sale del ejemplo de mode8 sin errores, son un groso, saludos desde Argentina de Vortigano (Y).
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 19-8-2017 at 05:07 AM

Las instalaciones también funcionan de manera correcta con la última actualización. 10/10 pts.
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 19-8-2017 at 11:16 AM

hm, same bugs here again with the latest update. Tried another game, DIV Kong, too and it crashs after start.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 19-8-2017 at 11:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Vortigano  
Todo va excelente Cictec, ya no más problemas de memoria y se sale del ejemplo de mode8 sin errores, son un groso, saludos desde Argentina de Vortigano (Y).

Las instalaciones también funcionan de manera correcta con la última actualización. 10/10 pts.

Me alegro, gracias por los tests y las enhorabuenas Vortigano.

Un Saludo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm happy, thank you for the test and compliments Vortigano.

Regards.

Quote: Originally posted by RKSoft  
hm, same bugs here again with the latest update. Tried another game, DIV Kong, too and it crashs after start.

uhmm, maximzing the window and switch back to normal also still not working ?

DIV Kong crashes on previous updates or nightbuilds ? would it be possible to test it in my machine ?

One thing noticed by these tests and that now Vortigano gets all functional (like me) but you still have problems, we have windows 10, you windows 7.

[Edited on 19-8-2017 by CicTec]
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 19-8-2017 at 02:02 PM

Switching fullscreen, maximize and to normal works! For DIV Kong, use Donkey Kong PC (its the same code currently) and make an installation with your latest update. Doesn't work! The window pop ups, shows the DIV DX splash screen, after some seconds, the window close.

This game work on all previously versions of DIV DX includes Mikes nightly builds.

@operating system
i use 64-bit windows 7 and all programs and games (old games like driver 1 (programmed for windows 98) or grand theft auto 3) works well on my machine. Newer games like Tomb Raider 2013 or GTA V works well, too. I think there isn't any issues on my os. ;)

[Edited on 19-8-2017 by RKSoft]
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 19-8-2017 at 03:00 PM

Switching fullscreen, maximize and to normal works!

Great, thanks for the feedback.

For DIV Kong, use Donkey Kong PC (its the same code currently) and make an installation with your latest update. Doesn't work! The window pop ups, shows the DIV DX splash screen, after some seconds, the window close.

Where i can download it with source + assets for testing ? i only found this thread:
http://div-arena.co.uk/forum2/viewthread.php?tid=63#pid550

But has no downloading link.

This game work on all previously versions of DIV DX includes Mikes nightly builds.

Ok, we will see what happens.

@operating system
i use 64-bit windows 7 and all programs and games (old games like driver 1 (programmed for windows 98) or grand theft auto 3) works well on my machine. Newer games like Tomb Raider 2013 or GTA V works well, too. I think there isn't any issues on my os. ;)

Was it just as observational, would you please try to open the DIV help start_mode8 example, run it and close the program with ALT + X or X in the window ? This example caused to Vortigano crashes in previous updates and seems works fine now.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 19-8-2017 at 03:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BreadCaster  
Cictec the only thing really stopping me at the moment is that the Mac build isnt done, I mean I could go downstairs and try to use the tower PC but it's a pain to set up and I have to plan a dedicated day to it, rather than doing it anytime on my laptop. Still planning on polishing up Forgotten and releasing it as a test/demonstration though :)

I understand you Breadcaster, unfortunately i can't help you, i don't have a Mac to build DIV, maybe Mike can do something here setting DIV-Arena to build for Mac o generate a build himself.
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 19-8-2017 at 03:06 PM

Switching fullscreen, maximize and to normal works! For DIV Kong, use Donkey Kong PC (its the same code currently) and make an installation with your latest update. Doesn't work! The window pop ups, shows the DIV DX splash screen, after some seconds, the window close.

@operating system

I use win8.1 x64 with custom updates like vc++, etc.
i hope you find it useful
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 19-8-2017 at 03:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Vortigano  

I use win8.1 x64 with custom updates like vc++, etc.
i hope you find it useful

Ah, not windows 10 ? from the screenshots of the task manager seemed to be, maybe it has not changed from 8 to 10, thank you for the info.
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 19-8-2017 at 11:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BreadCaster  
Cictec the only thing really stopping me at the moment is that the Mac build isnt done, I mean I could go downstairs and try to use the tower PC but it's a pain to set up and I have to plan a dedicated day to it, rather than doing it anytime on my laptop. Still planning on polishing up Forgotten and releasing it as a test/demonstration though :)

I understand you Breadcaster, unfortunately i can't help you, i don't have a Mac to build DIV, maybe Mike can do something here setting DIV-Arena to build for Mac o generate a build himself.

that'd be much appriciated if he could :)

~*~ Princess of Pies and Pastries ~*~
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 20-8-2017 at 03:14 PM

Cictec, i tried the mode 8 example it works well on my system. First start, the window pops up, showing the DIV splash screen, after closed! I copied the both needed files (WLD and FPG) into the unzipped archive and it works well. ALT+X and window mouse closebutton (X) works great. No compatibility mode etc.

Of course, i tried this example once under the DIV development system and as an compiled EXE (made by the DIV installer).

Here is the complete archive. I did not had the example, so i rewrote it from the DIV help to prg.

Attachment: HELP-MODE8.7z (1.7MB)
This file has been downloaded 1706 times

btw. DIV Kong aka Donkey Kong PC:
https://rksoft.info/donkey-kong-pc

[Edited on 20-8-2017 by RKSoft]
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 21-8-2017 at 10:25 AM

btw. DIV Kong aka Donkey Kong PC:
https://rksoft.info/donkey-kong-pc

[Edited on 20-8-2017 by RKSoft]

Thanks, i've tried DKong, it works fine on DIV environment, but on the installer version crashes after splashscreen.

Cictec, i tried the mode 8 example it works well on my system. First start, the window pops up, showing the DIV splash screen, after closed! I copied the both needed files (WLD and FPG) into the unzipped archive and it works well. ALT+X and window mouse closebutton (X) works great. No compatibility mode etc.

Of course, i tried this example once under the DIV development system and as an compiled EXE (made by the DIV installer).

Here is the complete archive. I did not had the example, so i rewrote it from the DIV help to prg.

Thanks, mmmm strange that it not work on installer version, you don't need to copy any resource on installer folder, those are embedded on EXE, please try this installation version if it works:

Attachment: EXAMPLE.zip (2.1MB)
This file has been downloaded 1906 times

RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 21-8-2017 at 01:21 PM

@Cictec
yes, you must put the WLD and FPG file into the folder where the compiled exe is. Else it crashes! Unzip my written help example (from the DIV help) and remove the WLD and FPG file. It doesn't really start!

At your example, it works well on my pc. ALT+X and window-mouse-x work without a crash!

@both examples
don't know why your example works without FPG and WLD file and mine not...
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 21-8-2017 at 03:17 PM

@Cictec
yes, you must put the WLD and FPG file into the folder where the compiled exe is. Else it crashes! Unzip my written help example (from the DIV help) and remove the WLD and FPG file. It doesn't really start!

I see, but it is normal.

At your example, it works well on my pc. ALT+X and window-mouse-x work without a crash!

Well, thanks for the test.

@both examples
don't know why your example works without FPG and WLD file and mine not...

I yes, if you compare the exe's size you can see that your EXE is 1.186KB, my EXE is 2.267KB this mean that my EXE contains assets embedded on it and works fine, your EXE not, for it crashes and need assets to be copied on the folder.
This is really strange because the installer pack always the files on EXE for now.

Maybe you have not updated DIV well? Try deleting all .EXE and .DLL files from your root folder and from the DIV's "systen" subfolder, unzip the update in the DIV folder and try to create the installation for mode8 example.
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 22-8-2017 at 08:51 AM

Nope, same size. I deleted all .exe and .dll files from DIV root and system folder. Unzipped your latest update (18.08) into DIV DX folder and compiled the mode example to an exe; exe size is 1.186KB again.

Update:
i tried to remade an exe with the options "include sound setup" and "create subfolders". It crashes when i use the first option "include sound setup".

[Edited on 22-8-2017 by RKSoft]
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 23-8-2017 at 08:49 AM

Update:
i tried to remade an exe with the options "include sound setup" and "create subfolders". It crashes when i use the first option "include sound setup".

[Edited on 22-8-2017 by RKSoft]

Ok I'll check the problem later, thank you.

Nope, same size. I deleted all .exe and .dll files from DIV root and system folder. Unzipped your latest update (18.08) into DIV DX folder and compiled the mode example to an exe; exe size is 1.186KB again.

Ok, please try:

1) Delete the contents of your "install" folder and try again to create an installation version of the example to see if it works.

2) If point 1 fails, delete your "install" folder and unzip it to see if it works now:

Attachment: install.zip (1.1MB)
This file has been downloaded 1972 times

RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 23-8-2017 at 03:22 PM

No, same file size of exe! I tried step 1 = same size and step 2 = same size.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 23-8-2017 at 03:35 PM

Ok, then maybe some installer bugs to fix.
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 29-8-2017 at 01:57 PM

Cictec, how about the current state? Could you fix some bugs in installer?
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 29-8-2017 at 03:36 PM

Next month I will be able to correct other possible things in DIV, now I am busy in other things. :)
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 31-8-2017 at 01:46 PM

Sounds good. :)
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 04:22 PM

Hello,

I've re-uploaded the package on first post, contains some bugsfix of error(s) reported by us and others found, worklog also updated and tagged as "=== 17.09.01 ====".
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 08:27 PM

Hello,

I've re-uploaded the package on first post, contains some bugsfix of error(s) reported by us and others found, worklog also updated and tagged as "=== 17.09.01 ====".

Excellent!!!!!
Vortigano
DIV Regular

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 04:44 AM

17.09.01 update crashes divdbg-WINDOWS.exe when the program is closing. With the previous update version this problem doesn't happend.
 Pages:  1    3    5  6

Go To Top