Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: HTML/JS engine
brujomx
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 4-3-2016 at 03:11 AM
HTML/JS engine

Hi people!
It's my first time here, but I have been using other Div like for a couple of months.
Ok, here is my question. Is the html version of DIV DX powered by DIV GO ? if not, is there a release date for such version ?

Thank you!

MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 4-3-2016 at 03:39 AM

Hello

DIV-GO is a seperate engine made by my good friend AMAKASOFT. The engine he uses is completely different to DIV, although the syntax is the same

All of the Games, wips and remakes on this site are powered by the JS version of DIV. You can check them out on the main site pages.

There is no release date as such. The way DIV works is you make your game, then upload it to DIV-ARENA where it gets converted to all the formats (Javascript, android etc) - so you can get started right away using the DIV editor by downloading the beta or nightly builds from this site!

Welcome aboard :)
brujomx
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 4-3-2016 at 03:59 AM

Ok, I get it. But what if wanted to publish it on my site, and on the google store? Is it possible ?

Thank you!
MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 4-3-2016 at 04:02 AM

yes to both :) You can publish the games to the app stores and you can embed the game in your site :)

There are a lot of examples on the http://js.mikedx.co.uk site too, where a lot of the javacsript div development was done. New examples get uploaded there a lot too
brujomx
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 4-3-2016 at 06:07 AM

Thank you. I thought we were going to have an export tool within the IDE to export to html/js, android etc.

MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 4-3-2016 at 11:07 AM

It will have that - it just uses a webservice to do the packaging. It's the only way we can prevent people pirating the product!

Also this way the end user needs no extra compilers or sdks installed, the packaging is all done for you. If you are connected to the internet it is all seamless anyway :)

You will not have to share your source code for this to work either.

Go To Top