Downloads
Tutorials
Add to Favourites

Submit news

DIV ARENA FORUMS
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Where is the Day 3 Tutorial for the Shooter Game?
pommyman
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 19-1-2017 at 09:36 AM
Where is the Day 3 Tutorial for the Shooter Game?

Hi Mike,
As I may have to teach coding to my students this year, I thought I'd take a look around at a few IDE type creators and found DIV. I installed it, and ran through the shooter tutorial and found how easy it is to get things done.

I got through Day 2 with no worries and played with the mouse and modifying the background and have a few questions.
First, where is Day 3? I really want to see how the collision works with the bullets and how to add a basic score and add sound etc.
Second, how do I change a FPG image if I edit it? I tried doing this and dragging it back to the FPG window and it adds it as a new FPG and I have to change the reference in the code. Am I doing this wrong?

BTW This really is a cool tool and to be able to have a character move and shoot in such simple steps gives me great hope! Well done.
Cheers,
Pommyman
MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 19-1-2017 at 09:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pommyman  
Hi Mike,
As I may have to teach coding to my students this year, I thought I'd take a look around at a few IDE type creators and found DIV. I installed it, and ran through the shooter tutorial and found how easy it is to get things done.

Great! Welcome aboard! Glad you are finding DIV useful.

I got through Day 2 with no worries and played with the mouse and modifying the background and have a few questions.
First, where is Day 3? I really want to see how the collision works with the bullets and how to add a basic score and add sound etc.

Since there is a demand for day 3, I'll try to get that uploaded for you in the next few days. I think I already did most of the code for it.

Second, how do I change a FPG image if I edit it? I tried doing this and dragging it back to the FPG window and it adds it as a new FPG and I have to change the reference in the code. Am I doing this wrong?

When you drag an image into the fpg to change it, you are given the option to set an id, and if you set this to an existing one it will overwrite the last one.

Alternatively you can drag your image into the FPG and then drag it back out, then when you drag back in to update the ID will automatically be set.

BTW This really is a cool tool and to be able to have a character move and shoot in such simple steps gives me great hope! Well done.
Cheers,
Pommyman

Thank you for your kind words! We'll be looking forward to seeing what you create!

pommyman
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 19-1-2017 at 09:50 AM

Wow! What a quick response!

I'll wait for your posting on Day 3, in the meantime I'm going through the platform game tutorial to keep going withe this.

Thanks again,
Pommyman
MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 19-1-2017 at 10:09 AM

As well as the tutorials take a look at the help examples and the open source games on my github page as well as the assets addon.

If you need anything specific let us know! :)

Go To Top