Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: W.I.P.
wasabi
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 16-11-2016 at 01:33 AM
W.I.P.

This is a project I'm carrying on with me long ago; never goin' beyond notes, sketches (both in field notebooks and digital) but never taking final form.
It started as a mod for Resident Evil 2, but the game limitations quickly put it on ice. Besides, the idea of using old-dusty 3D over pre-rendered won in my mind after seeing this tech-demo of cancelled game
I looked for 3D engines to go on, and now that DIVDX it's real I gotta go with it. Why? Because I want to get fun while at it. simple. And redime to that child who wanted to do something cool with DIV.:blush:
So, preview picture... IN:

Keep in mind its in early stage, there's no way I'll keep those Tomb Raider textures. The final result it's both unoriginal and too detailed for what I have in purpose. In addition, this level has been made to refresh memories and to learn how far can I go with mode8 atm... It will NOT be in final game. The final result must look closer to "Castillo de Llers" (Catalunya).
No assets has been made yet, as I said some hand draws and this.
But I can advance it will be a third person game with only a few particular enemies. Can be labeled as an horror game if you want, but I prefer "eerie adventure".
I want it to be simple and effective as Tetris. More updates soon.
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 16-11-2016 at 10:20 AM

Hola wasabi,

Pinta interesante el proyecto, esperemos ver pronto una alpha/demo jugable, animo con ello. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very interesting project, we hope to soon have an alpha/demo playable, good job. :)
RKSoft
Game Making Machine!

[*] posted on 16-11-2016 at 06:23 PM

Looks interesting. Do you want a Resident Evil 4 like game with DIV DX?
wasabi
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 18-11-2016 at 11:15 AM

As soon a solid thing comes, it will be released with sources and assets. Did I heard mod-ready?
A date would be hard to set because workflow it's in very early stage (most of it its just "pen & paper") but let me clarify something: I don't pretend to get Steam Greenlight with this. My idea is to make a basic skeleton of a game but not a template. A DIV tech-demo if you like: forcing a little the visuals sometimes and embracing the actual engine limitations.
It won't include DIVDX and DIV-Arena logo just for look neat, this really is your game to improve.

Definetly, it's not DIV-RE4... I don't think even in something so big and complex. I don't want to "sell smoke" so please let me keep quiet about the features at the moment. I'll post a list of 100% confirmed things very soon and if you want a gamer reference: D no Shokutaku + Clock Tower (you vs time + the-brute-nemesis) and its set in Spain (so kind of lucky guess, RKSoft :lol:)

EDIT: I want to refresh some memories and share this great 16 colour "textures" made by genious Eric Chahi back at 90s. Beautiful.

[Edited on 19-11-2016 by wasabi]

Update:
Note the transition between first draft (the one from the pic in first post) to final version. It has been reduced and some areas moved to another parts.

And here is a preview of final texture set.

What are your thoughs?

[Edited on 21-11-2016 by wasabi]

Go To Top