Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ludum Dare 36
nullzero
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 6-8-2016 at 06:26 PM
Ludum Dare 36

There is another Ludum Dare coming up on the August 26th-29th weekend, just 2 weeks from now. Anyone thinking of enrolling?

Will there be any new div build? As for exporting the games, is the windows version better in exporting the final game or is it in the same state as the linux one?

Cheers!
MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 8-8-2016 at 01:10 PM

I'm sure there will be new builds soon, not much has been going on recently as I've not had a computer to develop on! :(

Ideally, div-arena should be able to generate all the exes / binaries (including android) for you, but thats also on hold. I did make some progress with this, which was helped with the inclusion of the new network library for div, but it's still a work in progress.

Last time we sort of failed to achieve with ludum dare, I didnt get a game and the rest of the div team sort of got a game, but we had loads of issues.

I wonder what will happen this time...
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 8-8-2016 at 06:02 PM

Well I'm presently working on a DIV game already, a mode 8 horror affair so I won't be entering. CyberCrisis is nearing completion but has stalled. To be 100% honest, programming in DIV after being with Bennu for a while seems to be quite restrictive - I don't seem to be able to declare an array of strings, control Z doesn't undo the last thing I typed and there's no such thing as drawing_map - results of drawing commands are either on screen or they're not :/

Still, good luck to anyone who enters! I wonder what the theme will be...

~*~ Princess of Pies and Pastries ~*~
MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 9-8-2016 at 08:18 AM

draw_in_map is a valid div function

ctrl+z doesnt undo, thats an issue i've been meaning to address for a while

Pretty sure you can declare an array of strings...

Problem is, bennu is a fork and I'm not really familiar with it at all, but I'm sure div will catch up!
oskarg
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 9-8-2016 at 09:38 AM

Hola mikeDx,
1.Más adelante,cuando tengas una versión más avanzada, me gustaría sugerir funciones que no hay en el programa,pues considero que es necesario potenciar y dar mas posibilidades al lenguaje.

2.Para aumentar el seguimiento del foro, debería de haber una zona de multitud de ejemplos con código y de ese modo ver al instante las características y virtudes que tiene div3.Ya sea juegos , funciones,tutoriales....algo parecido a phaser....

3.Supongo que cuando tengas una versión que podamos utilizarla en html atrairá al foro mas gente.Aunque creo que el problema es que div,gemix,bennugd etc se han quedado anticuados respecto a los framewoks que hay por html5.La gran ventaja de div3 es su sintaxis,facil de entender y programar,la contra que tiene que ser tan competente como phaser ,meloJs etc...
Un saludo y espero seguir viendo como evoluciona este gran programa.
BreadCaster
Loyalty Card Holder

[*] posted on 9-8-2016 at 03:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MikeDX  
draw_in_map is a valid div function

ctrl+z doesnt undo, thats an issue i've been meaning to address for a while

Pretty sure you can declare an array of strings...

Problem is, bennu is a fork and I'm not really familiar with it at all, but I'm sure div will catch up!

Fair enough. Bennus commands are often worded differently, and sometimes work differently to DIVs. The Bennu wiki is pretty reliable though. I don't mind consulting on it if you wanted to make things cross compatible, I've spent a lot of time using it.

It's not really even fair to criticise at the moment to be honest, with your PC being bust and all. :( Hope it's fixed soon Mikey, pains me to think of you without it!

~*~ Princess of Pies and Pastries ~*~
MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 9-8-2016 at 06:23 PM

Ok I think I actually just invented draw_in_map haha

On the subject of bennu / div / other div clones additional functions - Everything added since DIV2 DOS (english) has been made by people who at least as far as I can tell were not part of DIV. So whilst they might have a lot of new fancy functions, we need to remember DIV is the parent project, and DIV isn't a clone of bennu.

DIV will have a new / better set of functions soon, which will make sense to the beginner and hopefully be of interest to the old school crowd too.

It's all for the future though :)

As for having a computer to develop DIV on.. Yeah it's pretty crap haha

Go To Top