Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bug report - won't run on Debian Jessie
OScoder
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 6-3-2017 at 10:12 PM
Bug report - won't run on Debian Jessie

DivDX starts fine, but when I try to execute a game nothing happens. I get the following error in the console:

Code:
system/divdbg-LINUX: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.22' not found (required by system/divdbg-LINUX)

I've run /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 to confirm what version of GLIBC I have, and got out...

Code:
GNU C Library (Debian GLIBC 2.19-18+deb8u7) stable release version 2.19, by Roland McGrath et al. Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Compiled by GNU CC version 4.8.4. Compiled on a Linux 3.16.36 system on 2016-11-28. Available extensions: crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al BIND-8.2.3-T5B libc ABIs: UNIQUE IFUNC For bug reporting instructions, please see: <http://www.debian.org/Bugs/>.

Well, it looks like I do have an older version than DIV requires. That's the latest version available for stable Debian though - https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libc6

It's /technically/ possible to fix this using a chroot jail, but I don't really want to do that.... (see https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/202966/how-to-chroo... )

Could we have a DIV-DX compiled for normal debian?

Thanks in advance for your help,
OScoder
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 6-3-2017 at 10:37 PM

Hello OSCoder,

For now what you can do is try to rebuild yourself DIV for Linux. go here:
https://github.com/DIVGAMES/DIV-Games-Studio

Fork the project, then build it and try if work fine, this can help us to identify possible bugs.
OScoder
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 7-3-2017 at 04:12 AM

ah k thanks. I've built it from the repo and it works great (well, at least one of the example games doesn't run because half the variables use spanish characters, half english - but apart from that...). Incase anyone else is building on debian, I needed: cmake, libsdl1.2-dev, libsdl-net1.2-dev, libsdl-mixer1.2-dev

Steps to build are something like

* apt-get update && apt-get install cmake libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-net1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev
* cmake ./
* make

There's probably some more required packages that I already had too...
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 7-3-2017 at 09:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by OScoder  
ah k thanks. I've built it from the repo and it works great (well, at least one of the example games doesn't run because half the variables use spanish characters, half english - but apart from that...).

Well, this confirms that the Linux server that is responsible for compiling the nightlybuild will have installed 2.22 de GLIBC version and if you try to execute DIV in an OS with an older library (as in your case) you will have an error.

Regarding the problem in compiler the example with the characters in Spanish, could you give more details please? recently was made an update of the code to replace the character set of the code base, maybe this change has led to this new bug, you may perhaps provide a small example (PRG) with characters of this type that do not compile, just to try it with earlier builds.

[Edited on 7-3-2017 by CicTec]
OScoder
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 7-3-2017 at 07:08 PM

Quote:

Regarding the problem in compiler the example with the characters in Spanish, could you give more details please? recently was made an update of the code to replace the character set of the code base, maybe this change has led to this new bug, you may perhaps provide a small example (PRG) with characters of this type that do not compile, just to try it with earlier builds.

I think you misunderstood me. Accented characters compile fine BUT someone's done a bad job updating old prg files. So for a given variable name about HALF use accented characters and half don't. I'm guessing the original treated a normal e and an accented e the same, and so this problem didn't arise?

For an example, see fost3d.prg
CicTec
DIV Pro

[*] posted on 7-3-2017 at 08:04 PM

Fox3d.prg first compiled, if now do not compile, maybe something is wrong will be introduced.
MikeDX
DIV Nerd

[*] posted on 7-3-2017 at 10:43 PM

interesting. I may have to revert some of the recent commits as those were all good before

Oscoder are you using the div support files from github?
OScoder
DIV Junior

[*] posted on 8-3-2017 at 03:33 AM

yep! All from the links on here.

Go To Top