DIV ARENA FORUMS

Simple Physics Demo

dom cook - 31-3-2016 at 09:26 AM

More fun with vectors.

The code's got itself into a bit of a mess but it does the job. If anyone's interested I can clean it up and comment it. Just not right now, my eyes are hurting.

Attachment: VPhysDEMO.PRG (6kB)
This file has been downloaded 4814 times

MikeDX - 2-4-2016 at 01:51 PM

Finally got around to testing this. Very cool indeed.

We do have a dll for chipmunk physics, but it's not quite ready yet.

RKSoft - 3-4-2016 at 10:36 AM

Fantastic programm :) - anybody knows Blobby Volley? So, you can make a remake with DIV ;)

dom cook - 7-4-2016 at 05:00 PM

Thanks for the comments.
Here's a version with detection of line intersection and a sprite pasted onto the wire frame.

Use W,A,S,D and arrow keys to drive around.

Next step is collision response. If I get that far I'll start a WIP thread.

Attachment: spacefight3.PRG (6kB)
This file has been downloaded 4148 times

MikeDX - 7-4-2016 at 06:42 PM

Are you sure this is the right file? If so, can we have spacefight.fpg please? :)

dom cook - 8-4-2016 at 05:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MikeDX  
Are you sure this is the right file? If so, can we have spacefight.fpg please? :)

Oops sorry:
Here it is.

Attachment: spacefight.FPG (20kB)
This file has been downloaded 3859 times

MikeDX - 9-4-2016 at 05:23 PM

That's really cool. Very nicely done indeed!

dom cook - 14-4-2016 at 01:21 PM

OK so after much head scratching I've added collision response. Not exactly a code snippet any more but a useful framework to build some old style space shooters with.

Attachment: Graphics.FPG (69kB)
This file has been downloaded 3886 times

Attachment: VPYHS7.PRG (11kB)
This file has been downloaded 3840 times

MikeDX - 14-4-2016 at 02:21 PM

This works really nicely.

Nice work

I do need to find a way of embedding compiled div games as a post though, maybe an iframe would work..

BreadCaster - 14-4-2016 at 03:36 PM

I do need to find a way of embedding compiled div games as a post though, maybe an iframe would work..

If you're going to do that Mike, could you please have a button you have to press to show/enable it? The Div HTML5/Javascript games often run reaaaaaally slowly on this PC and it basically means that viewing a forum thread could crash my laptop :(

MikeDX - 14-4-2016 at 03:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BreadCaster  

If you're going to do that Mike, could you please have a button you have to press to show/enable it? The Div HTML5/Javascript games often run reaaaaaally slowly on this PC and it basically means that viewing a forum thread could crash my laptop :(

Well yeah, I already do that on the wip pages

dom cook - 16-4-2016 at 08:31 AM

Here's the final version for this thread. It implements using keys to move the objects.
There's a fair bit more to do regarding optimization but it's up and running and now I've got this far I'll try and make some sort of game out of it.
See you in the WIPs, I hope?

Attachment: Graphics.FPG (614kB)
This file has been downloaded 3986 times

Attachment: rockets12.prg (15kB)
This file has been downloaded 3849 times

MikeDX - 21-4-2016 at 02:56 PM

Hey dom

We sure can add this to the WIPS, maybe it's time i added a form to the wips page to allow uploads. I can automate the entire thing to allow the server to compile PRG straight into a web page.

dom cook - 21-4-2016 at 07:16 PM

Hey dom

We sure can add this to the WIPS, maybe it's time i added a form to the wips page to allow uploads. I can automate the entire thing to allow the server to compile PRG straight into a web page.

Now you're showing off. But If you do that I'll have to come up with a game.

MikeDX - 21-4-2016 at 09:13 PM

Well it already works, i was using it for ludum dare until i gave up on it