DIV ARENA FORUMS

The Castaway

Dani_Karmann - 11-12-2016 at 01:54 PM

You are a castaway in a desert island. You are completely alone and you need to survive. Fortunately, there are no animals in the island and you are not in danger; but you need to search for food.

The game works as a simple version of a "Sims" game. As you can see, it uses the Mode 7 to show a 3D island.

Basics of the game:

-Search for food. You can find mushrooms (don't worry, they are not poisonous), fish, fruit, etc.
-Explore the island freely. Don't worry, you cannot die.
-Use your chicken and your cow to get eggs and milk.
-Night begins at 22 o'clock. Sometimes the man sleeps in the hut, sometimes outside.
-Day begins at 7 o'clock.
-You can see the indicators for Hungry (H) and Energy (E).

Controls:
-Cursors to move the man.
-F1 to save data.
-Esc to exit (confirm with the exit menu).
-Press space bar to get fruit from trees, milk from the cow or eggs from the chicken.
-Press G+Up/down to adjust the height of the view.
-Press M to see the island map and know your situation, any key to return the game.
-Press F to see the food menu, select the food you want with up/down and the space bar, or select "End" to return to the game.
-While the man is standing in fron of the fire at night, you can control the camera and explore the island.

Note: this game has no end, nor "game over". Perhaps with a few hours of gameplay you get bored, this is only a mini game. And a last thing: don't go too far, you can get lost in the sea. And, for now, if the man it's hungry and without energy, nothing happens.

Please try the game, send me a reply if it does not work.

dos4gw_000.png - 302kB dos4gw_001.png - 302kB dos4gw_002.png - 302kB dos4gw_003.png - 302kB dos4gw_004.png - 302kB dos4gw_005.png - 302kB dos4gw_007.png - 302kB

Attachment: CASTAWAY.zip (2.1MB)
This file has been downloaded 2368 times

[Edited on 11-12-2016 by Dani_Karmann]

CicTec - 12-12-2016 at 03:40 PM

Hi Dani_Karmann,

Nice project, I see some small errors in the animation of the movements, in walking in the areas of water, etc ..., you have planned some improvement of these?

Dani_Karmann - 12-12-2016 at 04:34 PM

Yes, I know that you can walk over the water, this was only a little game that I created to play with my niece, and I did not wanted to do a better game. For now, the game is not going to be continued. This was created only for fun.

dom cook - 12-12-2016 at 08:40 PM

If you're giving up on this you must have something really good to be working on. It looks really nice.
I've been considering trying to make something similar. The theme was going to be a Treasure Island game (also in mode 7). I got a bit distracted with making an editor which can make maps using a vector graphic format. Using vector maps you can create big worlds and my editor is quite quick and is easy to use.
Anyway my point is that, This editor is now at a functional state so if you did decide to take this project further and you thought it might be useful, I'd be happy to share it with you.

MikeDX - 12-12-2016 at 08:56 PM

If you arent going to continue it would you consider sharing the prg + assets with us? Maybe on github or uploaded here?

Dani_Karmann - 13-12-2016 at 09:36 PM

Here is a new version of the game, with a few things corrected.

Attachment: CASTAWAY.zip (2MB)
This file has been downloaded 2407 times